Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Paul

Orbx compatible freeware addons

A few moreNorth America only......Chalet de Venema at Baker Lake by Brad Allen
Where you can expect a warm welcome! :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Where you can expect a warm welcome! :(
Oh man... you are making my day.. Sit here and have a really nice giggle..!

A very nice update by Etienne : The Olgas scenery addon (V3 final) for FTX Australia now includes a fully facelifted YAYE Connellan airport. Available from Ozx

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Not an "addon", rather a file change that I dropped on. Which for those like me, that haven't a clue where they are at any given time. And need an Airport in a hurry. It really is a must have alteration.Apologies to all those that may already know of it. Likewise to all those that don't need it, anyway here it is, tried and tested:- Open "Standard.xml" (notepad will do it) in:- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls\ Add this text in keyboard_main section:- <Entry> <Key>SHIFT+J</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_AIRPORT_NAME_DISPLAY</Down> </Entry> "save" and make copy for easy reinstall/backup. If your J key is in use try another. Most simple setups have the J free.What "shift + J" does is toggle on/off Airport names in red type, above the appropriate airfield, when you may want one in an unfamiliar area/country. Saves opening the map/GPS feature....which I prefer.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Not an "addon", rather a file change that I dropped on. Which for those like me, that haven't a clue where they are at any given time. And need an Airport in a hurry. It really is a must have alteration.Apologies to all those that may already know of it. Likewise to all those that don't need it, anyway here it is, tried and tested:-Open "Standard.xml" (notepad will do it) in:-C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSXControls Add this text in keyboard_main section:- <Entry> <Key>SHIFT+J</Key> <Down>TOGGLE_AIRPORT_NAME_DISPLAY</Down> </Entry> "save" and make copy for easy reinstall/backup. If your J key is in use try another. Most simple setups have the J free.What "shift + J" does is toggle on/off Airport names in red type, above the appropriate airfield, when you may want one in an unfamiliar area/country. Saves opening the map/GPS feature....which I prefer.
Hey Arnie,I tried that and am quite impressed! Works great!

Yes it's kind of cool, Comes into its own where you have loads of small airfield and farm strips like Ants stuff in OZ and Neil Birchs Microlights in the UK. They can be the devil to find sometimes.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Sorry for my ignorance, but quick question. When people say an airport is compatible, are they talking about it works without problems, or do they mean it's compatible in the sense that it keeps using OrbX textures instead of a custom set of textures of a specific airport region?

Thanks.

Hi All - kinda a newbie here.....

The big Q:  Is MegasceneryEarth compatible with Orbx?

MegasceneryEarth has a number of "High-Res" states and Cities, some listed as high as 4X.

I'd really like to get some input here, BEFORE I spend any money.....

(I'm a USMC Disabled Vet on sole income from VA Disability),

and "Flying" is how I can "get out of the house"

So Please... some input about compatibility scenery with Orbx??  Pleeeeeeeze?

Thanks in advance - for direct contact:  drdavesmith@gmail.com

There are posts about this query (post #28) on the Orbx/FTX Forum.

There may also be some here on this sub-forum. I have not checked.

My understanding is that photoscenery will take precedence over and override landclass-based scenery products (unless the photoscenery is disabled/deactivated) and, therefore, the MSE will appear rather than Orbx scenery where both are installed and active.

I don't have any areas where I have both installed. I don't have Orbx Global, merely some Regions. In other areas I have MSE2 or other scenery.

As to Orbx airports, I have found that those Orbx Global payware and freeware airports which I have work satisfactorily over where I have MSE2 or FSX Default scenery. Otherwise, I have Orbx airports only on Orbx Regions scenery.

Gary