Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

Dim Numbers

I'm not sure when this started, but at some point in my flight, all of the numbers on various gauges (MCP, radios, etc...) went dim. The autopilot ones appeared a bit brighter (but not much) after I turned off the dome light, which I had accidentally left on, but the radios are completely indiscernible. Any ideas?Thanks,boeing247

That's all it is? Okay, I'll try all the lighting knobs--that's the one system of an aircraft i never bother to learn because I just turn them all on at night and off during the day (with the exception of landing and taxi lights, of course). Thanks!

That didn't do it. It just turned the number displays a bright neon color.

I've found that this is affecting all of the 737NGX models and liveries, not just this one flight

It looks like the plane thinks that it's night, so everything's dimmed (it also had the cabin lights set to 75%, which it normally wouldn't in the middle of the day). Is there a way to fix this?

As I've said already:

That didn't do it. It just turned the number displays a bright neon color.
This is the pedestal with the light off:ped1.jpgThis is it with the light on:ped2z.jpgAnd likewise for the MCP (first with the main panel light off, and then with it on):mcp2.jpgmcp1z.jpgThis has not happened before, and it is definitely not a normal function of the 737 NGX. As you can see, I can barely read the MCP, and I have no clue what the pedestal says, so I can no longer perform ILS approaches or anything else involving a radio.

That's strange, did you played with files to change light colours? Some users played with them to give a mor gold/orange tonality to the lights, and it could be happening here.Just to try, search those topics and see if they speaks about the file containing the settings. It is possible to manually fix them, or, uninstalling, deleting manually (if not automatically done) the file, and re-install. It probably will be fixed.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I'm sure reinstalling should do the trick but considering that that means reinstalling the numerous liveries I've installed, and will cause me to lose my saved flights, I'd like to see if I can fix the problem first.Does anybody happen to know the files I'd need to edit?

But no, I never messed with the lights--I can't even find the files for them... I just see the DLLs... no .cabs (which I can't open, anyway)

Hope this help you:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/319698-new-panel-lighting/page__view__findpost__p__2117049However, reinstalling the same version of the product will not affect your saved flights.Take in count to backup them, liveries and aircraft.cfg, uninstall, reinstall, try it, see if all is good, and then restore saved flights, liveries and overwrite the cfg. If the problem will come back the problem is in the CFG, if not, you solved with a bit of work. ;)

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Surely this is the auto-cabin lighting in PMDG setup on the FMC? They can be set to auto-dim and brighten, no? As per time of day..bestjake

Edited by quadraspleen

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I reinstalled and everything's working fine, but thanks for the link--it could come in handy if it happens again.And it wasn't the cabin lighting... I turned it to manual, but it didn't affect the cockpit.