Sign in to follow this  
800xp

Looking for a brutally honest review of the CRJ 200

xp10-33-th.jpg xp10-34-th.jpg xp10-35-th.jpg xp10-36-th.jpg
I was trying to hold off on buying this until I got more familiar with Xplane, but your shots are making me want it now!Damm you.RobNice shots BTW!!

I'm hooked on NGX, but I bought XP 10 for my other computer. Today, I noticed the CRJ is 50% off, so I intend to try it. I've been impressed with what XP 10 has to offer, and I'm convinced it will be the future, especially since PMDG wants to reproduce one of its aircraft on XP 10. All the videos of the CRJ look fantastic. I'll post some feedback as I get comfortable with it.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Hey guys,

I'm working on a review of the CRJ for another website. Can't say when it'll be ready, but so far,I'm really impressed with both XPX and the CRJ.

Best wishes,

Jess B

I just bought it and installed it. Seems to be working well. Can someone help me determine which file from Navigraph is the one that updates the FMS data for the CRJ. I already bought one year of downloads since I use NGX. Thanks.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Luis,

Here you go. This is from the addendum to the CRJ manual.

Navdata

The CRJ-200 ships with an initial set of navigational (AIRAC) data, that

also includes terminal procedures. For this tutorial flight it is crucial

that you use this included navdata. Otherwise airway or procedure

names will be different. Once you have completed this tutorial and feel

confident to fly on VATSIM or IVAO, you may update your navdata to

be consistent with other network users. You do this by purchasing a

“cycle” on www.navigraph.com. Various data formats are offered. The

one for the CRJ is labelled “vasFMC Flightmanagment/JRollon CRJ-200

– native**”. You can download it as zip file, which you have to

extract. The extracted data consists of various files (such as “Airports.

txt” and folders. Drag all these, files and folders, into your X-Plane/

Aircraft/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/navdata folder. It will ask you to

overwrite the content that is already there. Allow it to replace/

overwrite the data. You will then have the latest cycle installed

NAX669.png

Thanks! I do intend to read the manual, but I feel like a kid just wanting to fly right away. Just%20Kidding.gif

LUIS LINARES

Thanks! I do intend to read the manual, but I feel like a kid just wanting to fly right away. Just%20Kidding.gif

Luis,

I'm the same way. Installed the CRJ and tried to take it on a circuit at DFW. While I was turning base leg, both engines quit. Needless to say, it glides like a rock.

NAX669.png

Just did a fully manual United Express flight from Denver to Colorado Springs. It's a nice aircraft, now I need to learn what all the buttons do by reading the manual. It reinforces my theory that XP has a strong future, especially since FSX looks to be the last of the MSFS line.

LUIS LINARES

I just bought the CRJ the other day and I am stunned! It is SO realistic I can not believe this is X-Plane! I'll be posting more soon... but the CRJ is very much like the Beechjet I fly in real life, same avionics, FMS etc!! I can say this is GREAT!!! And use a plugin like pilotview to make views.... I have not gone back to FSX in a month!!!

it's that good!

I just bought the CRJ the other day and I am stunned! It is SO realistic I can not believe this is X-Plane! I'll be posting more soon... but the CRJ is very much like the Beechjet I fly in real life, same avionics, FMS etc!! I can say this is GREAT!!! And use a plugin like pilotview to make views.... I have not gone back to FSX in a month!!!

it's that good!

And to think, the CRJ has been out for over a year.

Nice to see you back, Peter!

I just purchased my first payware aircraft for X-Plane (the CRJ) and it is very impressive. The flight model feels very good, it appears to have that realistic feel i was looking for and never experienced with the default aircraft. Hand flying landings are rather effortless and the aircraft needs minimal flare and floats if flared too much. It behaved very well in gusty conditions, alot more inertia and stability. It is a bit more sensitive in pitch but i can blame that on my hardware.

It is however a rather large drain on my system and i can rarely get over 20 fps on my i7 macbook pro. About 10 fps in rain and clouds so it is currently not flyable in bad weather on my system. I get about 30 to 40 fps with the x737's 2d panel with 6 displays. I think the plane desperately needs a nice, crisp set of 2D panels, i am not proficient to 3D cockpits and although they look nice, i find them frustrating to use. I can't seem to find one view that gives me a clear look at all important displays so that i can do a regular instrument scan. I tried pilotview and still can't seem to find a view that works for me. The center pillar in the cockpit blocks alot of the the outside view and i find visibility form the cockpit to be very poor. I find that alot of valuable panel real estate is wasted on empty space and a very large autopilot column, while the important stuff (like displays and fms) appears to be very small and unreadable. On the other hand the pop up displays are too large and again take up alot of panel real estate.

I think that a set of 2d panels with larger displays (the displays are a work of art by the way, very well done) and a smaller autopilot column and a smaller or non existent center pillar will really help those of us who like to hand fly IFR accurately and do a proper instrument scan.

Overall i think it is a great product for the current reduced price and everyone who hasn't bought it already should look into it.

Luis,

I'm the same way. Installed the CRJ and tried to take it on a circuit at DFW. While I was turning base leg, both engines quit. Needless to say, it glides like a rock.

Has the random engine shutdown been brought to the attention of the developer? I get it once in a while too. Otherwise, I'm still learning to fly the plane.

LUIS LINARES

Luis,

I haven't had it happen since, but I haven't had the chance to fly the CRJ much because I have a registration problem. It won't register on my computer so my displays go dark after about a minute. The developers seem to think it's a problem with my Windows install, and it might be, but I'm not willing to do a complete Windows reinstall at this point just to run the CRJ.

NAX669.png