Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

UK2000

Just a heads-up.Received an email that www.flightstore.co.uk is offering dual(i.e. 2 airports-in-one)UK2000 Extreme airports

• Manchester+Liverpool
  • Heathrow+Gatwick
  • Stansted+London City
  • Newcastle+Belfast
  • Birmingham+Bristol

They dont seem to be much cheaper than buying them individually direct from uk2000scenery.co.uk

Dean Stringer

They dont seem to be much cheaper than buying them individually direct from uk2000scenery.co.uk
You're right Dean, there is a small saving but not much.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Don't know how you work that out when direct from UK2000 is nearly £17 per download or £22 per CD for each airport and with this offer you are getting TWO airports for £27 per CD or £13.50 each. According to my maths that is a saving of around £15-£17 per pair of airports. That's quite a saving in my eyes.

with this offer you are getting TWO airports for £27 per CD
Ah, gotcha thanks, missed the fact it was on CD, that does make it a good deal if you want the media I guessI'm happy with the download option to be honest, thanks though Edited by deeknow

Dean Stringer

But each airport download is between £15.50-£17.00,so TWO airports downloaded would be roughly between £31- £34 whereas this offer albeit on CD, is still cheaper saving roughly £7 over a downloaded pair.

Prefer to buy direct from Gary. He gets a smaller % when 3rd parties have fingers in the pie.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Prefer to buy direct from Gary. He gets a smaller % when 3rd parties have fingers in the pie.
I do hope he does get a share of the sales from 3rd parties. He deserves it.

He will get a share of the sales from third parties, but nowhere near as much as he gets from direct purchases from the UK2000 website.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I always buy Direct from Gary, even if there is a sale, I think that guy deserves good money for his hard work!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I always buy Direct from Gary, even if there is a sale, I think that guy deserves good money for his hard work!
Nobody is denying that, and I fully endorse that, but if I can get 10 Extreme airports at one fell swoop and thus save over £50 overall, then I have a personal dilemma. Do I support a developer like Gary, or so I support another equally deserving developer where I can spend that saving?

Nobody is denying that, and I fully endorse that, but if I can get 10 Extreme airports at one fell swoop and thus save over £50 overall, then I have a personal dilemma. Do I support a developer like Gary, or so I support another equally deserving developer where I can spend that saving?
If you can't afford it then don't np problem with a sale, got save yourself 50. Just what I do, that is all, have fun with the airports, they are amazing.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I only bought Gary's first scenery last year. It was my local airport bristol EGGD... I was completely blown away. I truly believe his airports are right at the top of the list. IMO better than, or certainly as good as any of the Aerosoft airports. The only problem I have is dreadful flickering and shimmering of the entire airport when a few miles away. It really marrs something which otherwise would be a true masterpiece. BTW if anyone knows how to alleviate this deradful problem, please let me know!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The only problem I have is dreadful flickering and shimmering of the entire airport when a few miles away. It really marrs something which otherwise would be a true masterpiece. BTW if anyone knows how to alleviate this deradful problem, please let me know!
Have you checked the textures in imagetool to see if there are mip mapped? If some of them, namely the ground textures and terminals/hangars, are missing mip maps it will case the shimmering. Easy enough to resave the un-mipped textures with mips to solve the problem. I only own Gatwick and it seems ok and dont remember fiddling with it, but its not uncommon for Aerosoft airports to exhibit the same shimmering.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The problem with the UK2000 Aiports and Shimmering is; the Poles and Fences, Gary already started adding MipMaps to the Airports a long time ago, and they are in there, the only thing you can do is AA the hell out of the Scenery; and lose all of your FPS, the problem cannot be solved with todays most current GPU's, unless of course you like low FPS or choose at least to fly with little or no clouds.

Ron Hamilton