Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Paul

Using Real New Zealand scenery with Orbx NZSI

The people from Real New Zealand are adding FTX compatibility to their payware airports.First patch available : Nelson

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

I saw this and was wondering about how to "build" a better NZ. I have Orbx south island. Its quite good, some issues of course but nice to fly around it. I find it a bit short on small airstrips but that is probably similar to real life ad there aren't many folks living there.Have you complimented scenery with these Godzone airports? What would be your read on buying these airports? What about the Vector Landclasshttp://www.vectorlandclass.co.nz/? If I undertstand it correctly you can have either VLC or Orbx in higher priority and only that products will show. Do you have them both, how would you rate VLC. I see that VLC covers all of NZ including North Island.It almost seems to me that I should have just bought VLC and complimented with some of these other commercial airport products.Can anybody comment who is familiar with this area and these products?cheersBryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Bryan,VLC is very good. It does compete with NZSI in regard to landclass. I use it for the North Island, and compliments the south very well. I have most of the addon airports for the North Island (Godzone) The developer lives not far from me and Robin is always adding aiports when he can, Nelson being the latest. Not much south of there.The godzone airports are very well done. Wellington is the oldest release, and uses some FS9 models etc, He hopes to upgrade this in the near future.Nelson is his latest and finest.VLC works well with ORBX, if you place it below Addon Scenery in the lib.Below is a summary of airports that you can use with the 737 and A320's and common domestic routes.Godzone Airports,** Regional and City Pair.Godzone Terrain* ( Auckland SuperCity terrain Mesh)Auckland:* Upto A380Wellington ** 737, A320, Nothing bigger than a 767. Runway very short. Dangerous Airport, in the top 10Rotorua** ATR72, Dash 8,Beech1900D,737, A320Tauranga** Dash8, Beech1900DNelson** Dash 8, Beech 1900DChristchurch Airport is planned, as Robin might be waiting for Terminal project to be completed. Not sure if ORBX plan to do this as well.Aircraft often seen at NZCH are ATR72, Dash8, Beech 1900D, 737-300,737- 800, A320,A330, T7,747, C141, C5 Galaxy, Globemaster , LC130The followiing are Orbx Aiports,Dunedin NZDN= ATR72, 7373, A320NZNV-= ATR72 737 for NZQN diversion onlyNZQN- ATR72, 7373, 7378, A320There is small GA airports for SI, which if you go to Robin's site http://windowlight.co.nz/Another source of info here http://nzff.org/forum/Cheers

Edited by ZK-SUH

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ah New Zealand Flighsim Forums....there appears to be lots of good stuff here, never been here before...will have to take some time to see what I build for New Zealand. Thanks for the link and info much appreaciate you time on this.

Near CAM3

No problem. The NZFF is a good source of info. And they are a friendly bunch there.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Julian has a great list there, but dont forget the excellent work by Mike for two other regional airports Hamilton and Taupo, as well as some other nice photoreal work, check them out following:http://www.fs-creations.org/Oh and I forgot to mention Lawrie Roach's excellent freeware work following, all stuff that I'm sure could be worked in with VLC or ORBX...http://fs-snowman.com/

Edited by deeknow

Dean Stringer

Many thanks Dean, was not aware of those. Will check them out myselfCheers

excellent I am busy right now checking some of these out. I think I should be able to really spice up my New Zealand experience from all this info.

Near CAM3