Sign in to follow this  
safir365

737 Simulator thanks to NGX

Hello everyone,I'm an ATPL student in LFMT (France). Our school gave the opportunity to 20 of us to try a Full motion flight simulator of the 737-800 at Air Campus Simuflight Center in LFLL. It was the best day of my life !!The sim was made by Sim industries, a high quality dutch company.The cockpit was amazing like the real aircraft. When you sit in the captain's seat you realize that the cockpit is really small compared to what we see in flight simulator. All the switches were there !!I was easily able to start up the aircraft and then taxied to rwy 36L. The control columns were really hard and the tiller is really sensitive!! I didn't expect that.The take off was funny since the thrust was sticking me to my seat exactly like in real life. I made a circuit at 2000ft and then made a smooth landing.It was an amazing experience for me, the 737 is so nice to fly and it reacts perfectly to your inputs, you just have to trim it correctly otherwise it will be hard to move it :). Good job PMDG you're addon is perfect, so realistic, thanks to you we are able to fly real airliners :) Exept the windows haha, in the sim the distance between the mcp and the overhead was really small!!I hope you guys will be able to try a sim a day, it really worth it !!Again thank you PMDG !!37503177.jpg

Cool post! Must have been big fun indeed!!! :(

The scenery was really good, you know it's last generation sim so it was almost like in real! All the details were there ! i will upload soon the video of my flight so you can see by your self !

Man that sounds awesome. What did you get from the viewpoint? Like what would be the best zoom and height in the sim to match the real thing. I've always wondered that. WestJetter

Well from your viewpoint you see easily the overhead so the windshield seems to be really small !! the buttons of the EFIS display are small too, I think you would have to move your fs viewpoint a little more backward and a Zoom at 0.40-0.50 would be the best. But you will never get the real view in FS, the cockpit has not the right dimensions...I think it's not a PMDG problem but a FS one unfortunetly

If you're not seeing in the sim what you're seeing in real life, your settings are wrong. It's as simple as that. Move your viewpoint and play with the zoom.

Fabulous update, Safir. Please keep us enthralled with more disclosures. You make most of us envious as you are not only training in RL for your ATPL, but actually got into RL airline Sim.im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Thanks, and no kriva i promise NGX cockpit is not like the real one ! even if you move where your want and zoom as much as you want. It's simple the 3D model is viewed from a 2D monitor so the sizes of the cockpit are not the same !!Here is another shot :safwy.jpgAnd here is the link for the video let me know if your have problems to see it : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150574982994769

Pity about the video as I don't have a Facebook account and there isn't enough money in the world that would make me open one. YT would have been an alternative.

Can't access that Facebook video even when signed up to my account...but thanks for posting and providing the pics.

Edited by RudiJG1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I spend quite a lot of time in real 737NG's both in the cabin and the cockpit. If you put the viewpoint and the zoom right, you can get really really close, trust me.

Sounds like you had a blast! I'd love the chance to hop in a full-motion 737/744 sim, but at what they cost the money is better spent on actual flight time for my ppl.