Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Best Freeware Airports?

All the ORBX freeware airports here (underlying payware scenery required).Cheers,- jahman.
Did you mean to post the link to AS2012 Jahman?Daniel

IMO there is only one 'best' freeware scenery and that's Orbx!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Sorry about that, here's the link.Cheers,- jahman.
Thanks mate!Daniel
IMO there is only one 'best' freeware scenery and that's Orbx!
Do you know where in Orbx there is some noticable differences? Sorry to ask, but would love you to post screens or info about it. Thanks.I downloaded it but it is only airports right?Daniel

I'll add Ant's Airports to the list. All of them. Especially Brisbane is worth a look as it offers way more fps than the Orbx rendition, while still offering quite some details. A double or triple thumbs up on any NL2000 scenery, which was already mentioned. Get that! :( Heavy download though.

Thanks mate!DanielDo you know where in Orbx there is some noticable differences? Sorry to ask, but would love you to post screens or info about it. Thanks.I downloaded it but it is only airports right?Daniel
Check this out Daniel http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.html

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

A few more good ones:

• EDDL v1.01 by Thomas Ruth
  • SBSP by Terra Brasilis
  • URRR by ? (over at avsimrus.com)
  • SCVM by Orlando Veas
  • Honorable mention goes to LFLJ by Guy Nemoz, because it's one of the few airports in FSX that have a sloped runway despite having an AFCAD and thus being recognized by FSX as an airport

All three airports Max Kraus has done, Barbados, Paphos, and some other that the name escapes me. Very well done, payware quality and easy on FPS. Plus you can get them all here in the Avsim library.
Seychelles or was it Mauritius? Remember, you helped me with it last year. Edited by vc10man

Seychelles or was it Mauritius? Remember, you helped me with it last year.
Ah yes, it was Mauritius. The funny thing is, I only downloaded it and installed it to help you. I have it installed, but it's so far from anywhere I ever fly that I have never really used it, aside from to help you. Once FlyTampa finishes Dubai I might find more use for it. Either way, all the airports Max makes are very well done.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

ENBR Beta, lovely scenery. It has a few dependancies, Airports_of_Norway and Norway Scenic X II. http://www.flightsim...t&Number=627457
Cannot seem to get the English translation even after selecting English in the last box at the bottom. Any links to an English page as my Norwegian is.............zero.

Glenn Johnson's airports available in the library are also very good! He's done KJFK, KLAX, KMSY, KSAN, KHOU and KMSY. All I think rival some pyware airports!!
I endorse that as I have his KHOU and KSAN.