Sign in to follow this  
ads2006

Adjusting MCP via Saitek or Keyboard

Dear friends,I would like to adjust the MCP altitude, heading and speed via my Saitek X52 Pro or via my computer keyboard.Thru FSX I saw for example that altitude bug (select) should be Ctrl+Shift+Z and to decrease or increase selection should be - or = respectively. I tried it without success even changing the key combination. No key combination worked for me.I am trying to figure out how to solve it so I can do the same think with my Saitek X52 Pro asserting some buttons to adjust the MCP altitude, heading and speed.Please help me in this topic.Regards,Adenilson

My friend has the NGX and a Saitek Yoke. He has managed to set the MCP controls on the yoke buttons. I spoke to him and he says that he set up the keyboard for the NGX in the CDU for the increase and decrease. He then set the buttons to match the keys in FSUIPC. He sais it took a while as he had to check that there was no clashes with FSX. eg: it's no good setting "ALT UP" to "G" as the gear will keep going up and down as you change the Altimeter.Hope this helps. If you need his exact keys I'll find out.

MCP commands are programmable in the CDU and FSX. Whichever you use, make sure you delete the other, conflicting, assignments.

I had problems with the Queen and assigning keys several years ago. The solution was to reinstall fsx and the queen running everything as administrator

Ohsirus,Software Linda worked like a charm. I spent some time to understand how it work and to assign everything I want.Thank you very much.Adenilson