Sign in to follow this  
GT Flyer

CO Routes

How can I set up the NGX FMC so as when entering a co route on the route page I can see a drop down list of all the saved routes in the folder PMDG/FLIGHT PLANS/NGX.Thanks

I don't think you can see a drop down menu within FSX of your company routes other then to look into the directory where located within Windows.

When you enter the start airport, click COROUTE and there will be a list of your company routes as saved in the folder you mention. It doesn't drop down, but you can use the next and prev page buttons to go through them if you have lots of them.bestjake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I would be careful with co routes. I do not think they are supposed to work with SP1b. I had triied to use co routes and had to get Ryan involved to help me sort it out. The way that Ryan had me load the non SID or STAR portion of the route was through the RTE page. It is quick and easy.If you go to the MENU page and panel state you should see all of your saved flights.Don

Don, CO ROUTEs are meant to be used, but must be done correctly, e.g. they should not include SID/STAR portions. For the flight I fly the most I have saved the routings via PMDG FMC and now just recall them via CO ROUTE eg. writing down PRGINN01

Are you using SP1b and able to fly with CO Routes? Ryan specifically wrote the tutorial to move away from CO Routes as this is the direction PMDG is going? What is your source of information about CO Routes not using SIDS and STARS? I would like to learn more as they are very convenient.Don

i've been using co route all the time no troubles in using them at all with sb1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Are you using SP1b and able to fly with CO Routes? Ryan specifically wrote the tutorial to move away from CO Routes as this is the direction PMDG is going? What is your source of information about CO Routes not using SIDS and STARS? I would like to learn more as they are very convenient.Don
PMDG aren't moving away from CO routes, just from saving them with SIDs and STARs attached. This is how RW routes are saved and loaded, the SID and STAR are added separately, depending on the runway in use. It makes more sense and is more realistic.You still use SIDs and STARs, they just aren't saved with the route.

ki9cAAb.jpg

PMDG aren't moving away from CO routes, just from saving them with SIDs and STARs attached. This is how RW routes are saved and loaded, the SID and STAR are added separately, depending on the runway in use. It makes more sense and is more realistic.You still use SIDs and STARs, they just aren't saved with the route.
Saving routes without SIDS & STARS makes ample sense. By the way, is there a place, site, where one could load such routes ?I don't see myself buying up all the maps of the world in order to lay down routes for my personal sim flying.Any help there would be welcome.Thanks

Saving routes without SIDS & STARS makes ample sense. By the way, is there a place, site, where one could load such routes ?I don't see myself buying up all the maps of the world in order to lay down routes for my personal sim flying.Any help there would be welcome.Thanks
The Flight Planner in FSX isn't at all bad. You get all airway numbers which makes FMC programming a bit easier. The only thing too look out for is the choice of intersections close to the airports which can be a bit strange. I usually make a Google search for SID/STAR procedures for each airport and I always find something useful so I can edit the FSX flightplan with the correct intersections for approach and departure. From there on it's quite easy to make your own routes.You can for instance look in the French and British AIP if you follow these links: http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/ https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/Hope this helps.......

i always use co routes when i import from fsbuild
Sorry, that means nothing to me...What I had in mind, and this is an example: I have 100's of FP kindly passed on by Just Flight (in *.txt form) with their free 757. So, I wondered if there was a way to adapt /copy them to enter them directly in the FMC, say as company routes ?

In theory, yes. You would need a parser that would convert them from JustFlight format to PMDG format.

i always use co routes when i import from fsbuild
Sorry, that means nothing to me...
my post was at flyer767, not yousorry should have quoted him Edited by flyguy172