Sign in to follow this  
tamascy

weird FS2004 problem

Hi guysI encountered some problem with my FS i seen some low frame rates so i thought to upgrade to new videocard driver..for my Nvidia GTX470. i was using the 266.58 and upgrade to 285.58. Since then i can't use my FS i start up but all i see is the splash screen and the selection screen doesn't come on. But in the dark if i click its starts the default flight but not able to do anything to select new airport from the menu bar etc..whats the best solution.. tried to roll back to 266.58 but it seems the same problem.. used driver cleaner pro. Do i have to reinstall windows or is there another solution?Thanx guys

Hi i think i have this problem too, please take a look at the images if you could Money%20Eyes.gif really want to get back in the air as everything worked perfect up until this issue :( As you can see below nothing is editable.eg1c.pngBy kavs8 at 2012-02-03eg2w.pngBy kavs8 at 2012-02-03

Edited by kavs8

Thats really strange, in my 50+ years of using FS9 I had a lot of issues, but this one never came up. In FSX its normal, but never in FS9.Looks indeed a grapic card driver to me, you can try a restore, but something in your XP installation is messed up.A reinstall of everything might be the final thing to do, but on the other hand, you will be really fresh, fast, lean and mean!

O dear oh dear, I dont have any expierince with that yet for FS9, just have the cullpritt at work, and its to me a real mess. Might be your problem.Please check the Windows 7 forum here at AVSIM for suggestions.

Before doing a restore ,it would be a lot easier just to roll back your Graphics driver to the previous working version (266.58)You should be able to that through CONTROL PANEL-SYSTEM-HARDWARE and then DEVICE MANAGER.Look fro your Gcard under Display adapters 'right click on it' select 'properties' under properties select 'driver' and there you should see the option to 'ROLL BACK DRIVER'Give that a go first.AndyPS if you find a Graphics driver that works then the (If it aint broke don't fix advice is worth following)) My own GForce graphics driver is a pretty old 194.something I haven't upgraded for a long time and all is well in FS world.

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi285.58 is a dog where FS is concerned, loads of horror stories about it on the forums. I rolled back to 275.x but am happy using 290.53Beta now.I'm surprised rolling back didn't sort this but it does seem like a graphics driver related problem. Are you sure all traces of the old driver are gone? Drive Cleaner Pro works fine on XP but not sure about Win7.At a guess I would suspect a Win7 issue. Have you disabled UAC? Win7 is notorious for not allowing user access to system directories or registry, even when you think you have uninstalled a program. There may be a conflict from bits of the other driver still on your HD. Also some people even advise not to use C:\Program Files to install the sim. As a result it can often be difficult to resolve what in XP would otherwise be a relatively simple problem.Check on the Win7 forum as Johan Dees suggests, maybe also on nVidia's own forums as well.Hope this helps, good luckRay

okey i tried before rolling back.. didn't work.. now restore nothing.. so tmrw clean install.. just don't know if it should be win7 or XP.. whats better for FS9?

okey i tried before rolling back.. didn't work.. now restore nothing.. so tmrw clean install.. just don't know if it should be win7 or XP.. whats better for FS9?
Don't no which is better.Both 7 or XP work with fs9 though.How about the good old 'delete your fs9 cfg restart and let fs9 auto build a new one trick'If uncertain about deleting you're current fs9 cfg back it up or move it somewhere safe.See what occurs.A. Edited by HoratioWondersocks

same thing did not help tried all tricks must be somewhere deeper the problem.. my windows system info shows that my AMD 955 BE is 800MHZ instead of 3.4GHZ.. don't know what is going on..

Thats really strange, in my 50+ years of using FS9 I had a lot of issues,
Johan,I did not know FS9 has been around that long.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Thats really strange, in my 50+ years of using FS9 I had a lot of issues, but this one never came up. In FSX its normal, but never in FS9.
Haha, funniest post I have read in a while, although it does feel like 50 years ago since FS9 launched.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

same thing did not help tried all tricks must be somewhere deeper the problem.. my windows system info shows that my AMD 955 BE is 800MHZ instead of 3.4GHZ.. don't know what is going on..
If you have Windows 7 and Windows XP why not try XP ?I wonder if there is any reason why you cant have both on the same PC if you want.I am sure 7 is OK have heard of problems with 'administrator type problems or suchlike ,not sure about that though and also something about not installing FS9 in its default 'C' location with 7 ,somebody with 7 is sure to advise though.I am glad I never changed from Windows XP its an excellent OS for general PC use, and has been no trouble with FS9 either.Anyways hope you get it sorted ,must be frustrating.Andy