Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

There is Another World Out There

So recently I have moved away from the Orbx areas and into other areas less flown by me, I needed some variety.I just bought three of the FSDreamTeam Hawaiian packages, you get five airports in all. Perhaps you folks are familiar with them. Got a three package buy plus a coupon discount - a great deal.Had a bit of a bugger to get them installed but once I got beyond their system I was up and flying to airports I have been to in real life.These airports are exceptionally well done, lots of detail and most of all, unlike some of the Orbx products, I fly at maximum fsp no slideshow stuff that has happened at the recent Orbx airports.What I am trying to say is that I have found there is a world out there beyond Orbx, I know some of you guys will say, "what took you so long". I have spent the past two days doing all the short hops in Hawaii (a favourite real life playground for me - heading there in two weeks).The only thing these airports don't have might be some extra clutter and peopleflow around the airport terminal....but heck I can put all that in myself so no worries mate.cheersBryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Look nice but the deal breaker for me is DX 9.0c (Hawaii) compatibility only....I only fly DX10...bummer.

Thank you Bryan for the info.What about mesh, landclass and coasts, any preference?

Hm, Hawaii...? I'll wait for the free MS Flight... :( I don't plan to spend a lot of money (if any) on FSX (until I know more about MS Flight) and certainly not on Hawaii! :(

Thank you Bryan for the info.What about mesh, landclass and coasts, any preference?
I use GEX for texture enhancement, http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gexusacanAll the best

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I am using GEX as well, and given that its pretty much summer all year there you can compliment with Aimé Leclercq Textures, they are photo real, kinda orbx quality and they make for some nice look. And use FS Genesis Mesh for Hawaii, works perfectly. And UT USA which covers Alaska.So.GEXUT USAFSG MeshAlec's textures overwritten GEX (backup your full GEX setsAnd FSDreamteam airportsLovely stuff...I know about flght but your locked at Hawaii unless you buy more...I can fly away from Hawaii and get to the rest of the planet, although I tend to cheat a bit on that.cheersyou can get Aime's textures here.http://sites.google....ns/freeware-fsxoh and becareful with these textues as they will screw up you GEX if you not careful, I have a complete backup of GEX textures just in case.

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Near CAM3

So here is a screenshot of my Kahului Apt and Maui background. Forgot to mention I have REX 2 HD Clouds.

Near CAM3

My word, that looks so good. Thank you for the info on this. stunning. I will back up my GEX first :biggrin:Edit: Does it replace all the texures in NA if using GEX ? There is a lot of goodies on that site, amazing.

Edited by ZK-SUH

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Here are some add-ons that make Hawaii even better. Megascenery Oahu with Manny Mahadevan's Oahu add-ons plus a revamped Waikiki beach along with Areosofts Dillingham make Oahu much more realistic with lots of autogen and other enhancements like resorts, Milatary bases,waterfalls, lighthouses, and suger mills. There is a free Maui addon that adds harbors, resorts, waterfalls and towns. Most of these files are free on Avsim or Flightsim.com. Add FS Dreamteams Honolulu, Lihue, Kahalui, Kona and Hilo airports along with Newports Maui, Molokai, Lanai, and Kauai photo scenery really makes flying Hawaii quite enjoyable. Josh(Please note you will have to go into these sceneries and delete some afcads files so they dont interfere with the FSDreamteams stuff

Edited by JoshKemp

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

Hm, Hawaii...? I'll wait for the free MS Flight... :( I don't plan to spend a lot of money (if any) on FSX (until I know more about MS Flight) and certainly not on Hawaii! :(
FSDTY blows flight out of the water.

Bryan,i fly the same way since the end of december,haven`t touched any ORBX products.I also bought Maui X as an addition to the megascenery Hawaii.FSD all airports.I have SoCal,Dallas Ft.Worth,Las Vegas and the freeware from OzX,complete Germany VFRThere are so many places to discover,i don`t miss the "other" stuff.Good choice!Michael

Here are some add-ons that make Hawaii even better. Megascenery Oahu with Manny Mahadevan's Oahu add-ons plus a revamped Waikiki beach along with Areosofts Dillingham make Oahu much more realistic with lots of autogen and other enhancements like resorts, Milatary bases,waterfalls, lighthouses, and suger mills. There is a free Maui addon that adds harbors, resorts, waterfalls and towns. Most of these files are free on Avsim or Flightsim.com. Add FS Dreamteams Honolulu, Lihue, Kahalui, Kona and Hilo airports along with Newports Maui, Molokai, Lanai, and Kauai photo scenery really makes flying Hawaii quite enjoyable. Josh(Please note you will have to go into these sceneries and delete some afcads files so they dont interfere with the FSDreamteams stuff
So what I think I hear you say is that the photoreal scenery can be nicely complimented with those airports from Aerosoft and FSDreamteam (which I already have) plus some other stuff.QUESTION: How is the autogen on those photo sceneries, I took a look at them and while the writeup says they have annotated autogen, the screenshots appear to be light on the amount of autogen. Reason I'm asking is that I have my slider maxed out and the other textures are quite heavy in the autogen and I like that 3D look.

Near CAM3

I've got more or less the same as Josh except the FSDreamteam airports and I can say that it looks 'almost' as good as Orbx. For photoreal scenery it's a 100 times better than the UK stuff that I've got. (and uninstalled, bitterly disappointed)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

So what I think I hear you say is that the photoreal scenery can be nicely complimented with those airports from Aerosoft and FSDreamteam (which I already have) plus some other stuff.QUESTION: How is the autogen on those photo sceneries, I took a look at them and while the writeup says they have annotated autogen, the screenshots appear to be light on the amount of autogen. Reason I'm asking is that I have my slider maxed out and the other textures are quite heavy in the autogen and I like that 3D look.
I have my autogen turned up too and somtimes it is abit annoying but I have gotten use to it. The addon autogen more than makes up for it in realism with landmarks,Marinas, Resorts and towns. The waterfall on Oahu called Sacred Falls is quite good and when you fly over the military bases they are full of planes, jets and helecopters. Also if you add UT2 the airports come alive.Josh Edited by JoshKemp

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /