Sign in to follow this  
IFR7700

Better than the NGX?

Like most of you, I have been in awe of the NGX since its release. I learn something every day, and still have the feeling that I haven't scratched the surface of all the things that PMDG has modeled in this glorious airplane.Since I have been so busy flying the NGX, I haven't paid much attention to the upcoming release of the PMDG Boeing 777. I have been indifferent to the discussions on this forum about it. That was, until I stumbled across this ...http://www.youtube.c...u/9/_llyS20J0AcThis video blows my mind. All of the systems of the 777 200LR are amazing, especially the flight management systems. It will be difficult to believe that PMDG can model all of these systems as they are in RL. The EFB is incredible, the weather radar incorporated into the ND, well ... see for yourself. I definitely hope they model the cabin as well.So now I have officially joined the throngs of giddy PMDG ######, and as such, let me say ... I can't wait for the PMDG Triple 7

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I dont think PMDG will integrate any WX radar into the nav display, they have never done so before, for very well publicized reasons. I have doubts about the EFB as well, as that would require PMDG to supply every single chart in the world with their plane. Certainly if they want to get the correct functionality (moving ground chart for example). They could of course provide some sort of feature that would let the users add charts themselves, but I dont see how they would be able to accurately display the planes position overlaid on a ground chart if the users have added the chart themselves. We'll see.There's a lot of interesting tech on the 777, but I dont know how easy it is to implement into a sim like FSX.

I have the WorldAirRoutes Air Canada T7 300 ER video. The things I really got a kick out of was the EFB and the external camera views on the MFD. if I remember correctly, there is a camera under each wing looking forward and one just behind the nose gear. Great for checking if ground crew are clear and helpfull in swinging that long body around tight taxiways.The EFB also has a built in performance calculator which would be cool in the sim.

I can see an EFB being totally possible with user entered charts, just not by PMDG. Since each published ground chart has a coordinate grid on it, a program could look for identifying marks and virtually match it to your FSX position. I'm not saying it would be easy, but possible, the data is there.The hard part would be terminal charts, those have no marks other than coordinates on fixes, and they are not always to scale. Then there are RNAV approaches, with no reference.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

...Since each published ground chart has a coordinate grid on it, a program could look for identifying marks and virtually match it to your FSX position. I'm not saying it would be easy, but possible, the data is there....
Actually, every published ground chart doesnt have a grid. This is the official published ground chart for ENTC -> https://www.ippc.no/...ENTC_2-1_en.pdfNo coordinate grid
...The EFB also has a built in performance calculator which would be cool in the sim.
That would indeed be really cool, but I dont think that option would be very practical either, as it would require pmdg to get a database of all the runways with all the intersections for departure etc. It could be done, I believe at least runway length is in the navigraph data, but there's no info about the runway length from intersections. They could of course implement some sort of a generic performance calculator where the user would have to insert the remaining runway length etc into the calculator manually Edited by Sekstifire

Ahh but what if the EFB performance calculator used TOPCAT within the sim to make the calculations based on PAX and fuel load from the CDU payload options.

Actually, every published ground chart doesnt have a grid. This is the official published ground chart for ENTC -> https://www.ippc.no/...ENTC_2-1_en.pdfNo coordinate grid
Okay, I didn't do my homework. I chose the quick and easy path (as Vader did), and based my assumption off of FAA charts. My bad. :)

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Like most of you, I have been in awe of the NGX since its release. I learn something every day, and still have the feeling that I haven't scratched the surface of all the things that PMDG has modeled in this glorious airplane.Since I have been so busy flying the NGX, I haven't paid much attention to the upcoming release of the PMDG Boeing 777. I have been indifferent to the discussions on this forum about it. That was, until I stumbled across this ...http://www.youtube.c...u/9/_llyS20J0AcThis video blows my mind. All of the systems of the 777 200LR are amazing, especially the flight management systems. It will be difficult to believe that PMDG can model all of these systems as they are in RL. The EFB is incredible, the weather radar incorporated into the ND, well ... see for yourself. I definitely hope they model the cabin as well.So now I have officially joined the throngs of giddy PMDG ######, and as such, let me say ... I can't wait for the PMDG Triple 7
No doubt you already ordered the video lol?Thanks for sharing.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I am most looking forward to the 200 varients, I much prefer it to the 300, cannot wait for the 777. Lets hope the upcoming weekend update will give us some real news?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Jeppesen used to have a program for FS9 where it could display the aircraft on the charts and track it's movement. The charts came with the program and you bought them in areas.

I am most looking forward to the 200 varients, I much prefer it to the 300, cannot wait for the 777. Lets hope the upcoming weekend update will give us some real news?
I would have to Agree. I was Reading somewhere (not sure if on here or Facebook) but Some Guy was saying his friend always had his mind on the NGX beofre release, then he died in a Car crash. Now this isn't PMDG's fault, but it is saddening that somebody was expecting news and didnt get it.On a lighter note, i do have to say, and,correct me if i am wrong(Anyone) but on the PMDG website, Im sure it came up with "Estimations of 60-mega_shok.gif days untill release of the NGX"So Im guessing, it will be "Estimations of 777 release for 50 days"

For the EFB, perhaps a partnership with AivlaSoft to use theirs?

Phil Stephens

i7 9700 3.00GHz | 16GB DDR4 | NVIDEA GTX1600 Ti  6GB | Win 10 x64

Sad to hear about the guy who never got to see the NGX.Strange looking at the 777 flight deck, it seems more like PMDG than reality there. A blurring of reality I'd say.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

No doubt you already ordered the video lol?Thanks for sharing.
Ha ... you iknow it. Now I'm reduced to saying, "I can't wait for the 777 video".

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg