Sign in to follow this  
bliksimpie

proposal "SUB" Forums

Peoples of the palace..hereby I would like to propose two sub forums. Yes I know you guys said that initially you not going to have any subforums. As ou already see this is becomming a busier and busier place by the day with a lot of influx from wherever.The two subforums is:- HARDWARE- RELEASESHardware:I am pretty sure that can honestly say that most people here have a very soft spot to get back a dedicated hardware section specifically to address ORBX scenery en to get the most out of ORBX scenery. Lets face it that a huge contingent of people were following he discussions about hardware enhancements / tweaks over down under. We surely can get this going again with people like Stephan and Alainneedle. Common guys we need this to help us plebs. I know AVSIM have a hardware section, but this is about our hardware and ORBX combination. Hardware tweaks for GEX do not always have same impact on ORBX scenery for instance. So how about it?Releases:As you can already see in the huge number of posts, the "new releases" is getting lost inside a meriad of posts. It would be really nice to have one place to go to and see all the releases in ONE place.Feel free to criticize the proposal and maybe where you do not agree, give some other ideas. his is after all our new home. let's roll with this !!

-2 :wink:Hardware: there is already a hardware forum on Avsim: would be a bit odd imho to create another one specially for Orbx... Then you'd also have to create a hardware forum for PMDG or Carenado or HiFi...? (Er... they don't exist, do they? :( ) Things that work well for FSX in general will also work well for Orbx. Imho Orbx doesn't need specific or different hardware then any other addon.Releases: that would make it a bit too official and (again imho) almost provocative towards Orbx... You can't copy their entire forum over here.Well, that's my view on it anyway. :wink:Possible other ideas: a sticky from Stephen (locked) that will collect releases in one topic. Just announcements. That way people wil have the latest news in one spot while we can easily discuss (if needed or wanted) in another topic.

I have gone ahead and created a "Releases" topic and pinned it. As for the suggestion of a hardware sub-forum, that would really confuse things, as someone else pointed out. No matter the scenery or add-on, commonality of hardware issues exist, and in my opinion, it is better to share those in a wider audience.

Agree with this decision, good one Tom.The last straw for me is having a rediculous "limited user" spot to post problems. I would rather not visit that outfit at all unless I can read what others are talking about, I could end up posting problems that already have been resolved and solutions provided.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I have gone ahead and created a "Releases" topic and pinned it. As for the suggestion of a hardware sub-forum, that would really confuse things, as someone else pointed out. No matter the scenery or add-on, commonality of hardware issues exist, and in my opinion, it is better to share those in a wider audience.
Thanks Tom,Some of the best gaming electronics talent in the business writes in the AVSIM hardware forums. I always enjoy hanging out there to see what I can learn from my friends. We had a great hardware forum in ORBX that was shut down for whatever reason when it was deemed to be a distraction to ORBX customers. Anyway it is gone, and some of those same people populate the one here on AVSIM, so it is the best of both worlds.Kind regards,