Sadly, my CH Products Eclipse yoke has died on me and so I will need to buy a new yoke. Before I do I shall be very grateful for anyone's views on both the Saitex and the CH Products offerings and which one they consider is better.Many thanks.

Hi,I just bought the Saitek Cessna yoke after owning a regular CH model for seven years. The quality is much higher on the Saitek and the mount is nice and secure. It also has a steel shaft. I don't know anything about the standard Saitek model.

HiMany thanks for your reply.I've had a look at the Cessna one here in the UK and I think I will go for it as it is only £10 more expensive than the CH Eclipse.David

I couldn't stand the Saitek yoke (Pro Flight) I had. The detents it had were just flat out annoying to me. It also had trouble maintaining calibration. I returned it to Newegg for a refund. Later found out others also had the calibration issue as me and the folks at Saitek did not have a fix when I asked. Needless to say, my Eclipse is still working flawlessly for me. With the detents of the Saitek, it completely ruined the "smooth" control movement and was the ultimate reason I could not use it. The Eclipse is smooth as butter (as I'm sure you already know).

Edited by Arklight1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

There is a pinned topic on top, there you can see what's used mostly.That beind said, Saitek is generally accepted as better, but still sticky elevator, just like CH.Only alternative is a metal yoke (PFC, VRI and some others more expensive yokes).

There is a pinned topic on top, there you can see what's used mostly.That beind said, Saitek is generally accepted as better, but still sticky elevator, just like CH.Only alternative is a metal yoke (PFC, VRI and some others more expensive yokes).
No sticky elevator here with my Eclipse. As I stated before, it is smooth as butter.In general, at least with regards to their sticks, CH is known for making some of the most reliable and long-lasting sticks in the industry. IMO, FAR better than Saitek, which have not lasted worth "squat" over the years for me. The Eclipse seems to be carrying on this tradition.To the OP, AFAIK, the Cessna yoke is almost the exact same as the Pro Flight by Saitek (at least detent wise). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.HTH

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Ark, please note I was generalizing. There are hundreds, possibly thousands of posts about sticky elevator axis when flown by one hand coming from Saitek and CH products. These problems are common, and it would be a misleading fact not mentioning that.

I had the Saitek and returned it within a day, just couldn't get past the detent, incredibly annoying. I ordered an Eclipse a few days ago and hopefully that will fair better, if not, it's back to a joystick.

I have to say something in favour of the Saitek yoke. I stopped using the CH-yoke because of calibration items, unusable after only a couple of years. Now I have got the Saitek Cessna yoke and I am extremely happy. First of all you can turn 90° to the left and right, like RW. You get a seperate throttle device so you don't have a mess with your right hand, controlling power, and the yoke which should turn to the left. And I love the detent. From a RW trial-flight in a Piper Archer I remember handling the yoke very well and the detent simulates the forces against airflow and the stability of a well trimmed airplane very good. Flying a heavy down the glideslope is, with proper pitch and powersetting, rockstable now and reminds me of a DC-10 captain who once said: landing a DC-10 is so easy, it's a shame we are getting payed for it.Hans