Sign in to follow this  
Jetblue291

RC4 Jetblue/UsAir

Hi everyone, this is my fisrst post on the forums. I just bought RC4X for FSX and I had a question. I notice that the controllers are calling Jetblue aircraft [JULIET] and Us Air aircraft [uniform]. These are the only airlines I have noticed so far, Maybe this has been discussed before here so forgive me if it has. I'm prety sure that Us Air and Jetblue were recorded for RCV4X??? Maybe. Anyway if anyone has help I would much appreciate it. By the way I am using Ultimate Traffic 2, I once was using WOAI and still have the editvoicepack installed, maybe thats the issue?

Welcome:First as a new user let me encourage you to update FSUIPC4and makerwys.exe to update the installation versions from the links pinned at the forum top. Then run from within RC the scenery rebuild again.In UT2 set it the ai spawning distance to maximum so they are present when RC exams the ai patterns for departure and arrival. ai patterns take top priority in RC's runway assignment.Jet Blue and US Air are in the RC airline database. UT2 will not assign a code until the ai aircraft has received CD and ground and starts taxiing mabe not until thay get a runway clearance. I know it is delayed somewhat. Initially it might assign a tail number. You can check this by installing this free utility from the FSUIPC site called Traffic Look:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/Install it in a separate folder and after you have started FS with a created or saved flight at a busy airport, usually a parked aircraft, run traffic look. It will open in a separate window that you can alt-tab to or run on a separate monitor in a dual view configuration. See how you 'user aircraft' and ai are reported. note that initially in FS on loading a flight that ai bunch up for take-off (to catch up to the ai traffic schedule) and and similarly initially after a short delay arrive in a cluster.What you are hearing is perhaps RC giving the first letter of the callsign in phonetic phrasing as Juliet for J and Uniform for U. Let me know what your findings are in reading the ai column in traffic look as you just observe traffic sitting at an airport.Regular ai applications that use generate non-dynamic traffic files do not have this problem.If you choose one of these airlines for your user aircraft and you still have this problem then also reply here.

Ok I'll give this a try. Set my UT2 draw to max and installed FSUIPC 4.70 plus update. Do I have to purchase this new FSUIPC because it's asking for a reg???

FSUIPC4 should not be asking for a registration. RC registers itself.In your modules folder under FS there is a file called fsuipc.log. Look at it with word or wordpad and see what application is requesting the registration and reply here please.FSUIPC recent versions use the registry to find your FS path. You can check your registry entry with the free registry checker from this site: FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB) at http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryRun that utility with a right click and select run as admin. See if that helps.

Edited by ronzie

Thank you Ronzie. I did everything you mentioned, the FSUIPC update as well as the MKERWY was succesful. I launched another flight from KRDU to TAMPA I wa flying IFLY 737 Delta livery. I spawed at a specific time to catch a UsAir A320 Gather his clearance and had the same result. Uniform 212 you are cleared etc.etc. I set my spawn distance to max in UT2 and did the updates you recomended with no success. I would hate to have to revert back to WOAI after spending good money on UT2 for realistic flight plans, but i;d rather do that than not use RC4. Again im not sure if these are the only airlines with problems I just noticed them because I spend a lot of time between JFK BOS and RDU as JFK and BOS have lots of jetblue traffic and RDU and BOS have UsAir traffic. This is just frustrating after spending 2300$ USD on a SB 2600K GTX560 system 3 months ago I still havent been able to get my shimmering graphics gone. I just want something to work properly because I am an all or nothing flier. It's complete realism or nothing for me. And being behind a Jetblue a320 at JFK waiting for departure having the controller call him Juliet along with my runway looking like a piece of glass shimmering in the sun really kills the experience for me. I appiologize for rambling.

The only other check if you can't get those two airlines to run is to make a log as noted in the pinned topic and then either send it in or examine it yourself. UT2 should have a schedule report so you can know when to run this test. Look for those two airlines departing and set up a parked flight. Start RC with a JFK origination flightplan, click debug, start it and go far enough to where RC radio is monitoring what is going on. After you hear a Jet Blue or US Airways ai on it you can alt-tab to RC and quit, then look at the large log to see the ai reported when you heard the Juliet or Uniform call.It would be better to use Traffic look and see what reports as that is less involved if you can't run traffic look without a paid registration then you can set up Microsoft's traffic explorer if yo have the FSX SDK.I have UT2007 for FS9 and I'll run a test and see how it works with RC4. Then you can compare it. I'll find out a good time for JFK to listen.

I sat at KJFK on a weekday at 1 PM local. I proceeded through CD and contacted ground (121.65 I think it was and had RC tune the comms) and heard Jet Blue aircraft calling for pushback and then taxi instructions, both delivered by RC4. I was monitoring ai using Traffic Look. There was quite a conga line so I refreshed AI. I did not hear ai instructed to contact tower but on the wide overhead view I switched to I was not sure if the JB aircraft were the ones close enough to be told to switch by ground.Now, even though I'm using FS9 and UT2007 those idents work and RC is communicating with Jet Blue ai.Note that when your flight is loaded by the time you start RC many ai aircraft are already taxiing out so you will not hear anything from ground on ai that have already started. When I refreshed the AI almost immediately I heard Jet Blues requesting push back and then taxi instructions which matched the Traffic Look status.So anyway the classic Ultimate Traffic with the Winter 2007 schedule is working and RC is recognizing the aircraft as reported by FSUIPC.

Edited by ronzie