Sign in to follow this  
559AS

Where is your NGX right now?

Its been awhile since I've seen one of these types of threads, and I always enjoyed reading where everyone was flying or parked around the world with their NGX.I'm currently cruising at FL 350 about to cross near N41 W141 with AS flight 875. My route today is,SEA.HAROB4.HQM..WIDEN..46N30..43N38..39N44..35N48..30N53..ZOULU..ZIGIE..LIHThe "magic box" is telling me I'm 174NM from crossing my 39N44 waypoint.FOB is 28.1Take off Fuel was 43.3 (42.5 was required)Landing Fuel is showing at 11.6 (plenty on board due to ETOPS reserve and lighter then planned winds)...I'm currently 37 minutes from my planned ETOPS Critical Point (CP). No system faults to report.Its a beautiful day out here over the big blue Pacific!Its Saturday, so I know there are many other NGXs flying out there. Where are you??

Edited by 559AS

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

WAS enroute to PDX from LAX, then the power went out... :( However now I'm in the planning process to head over to Hawaii to get a taste of ETOPS procedures. Just curious, how do you enter GPS coordinates into the FMC?....-Tanner Novak.

Currently parked at SEA North Terminal, Gate 6Departing at 2:05pm to DCASEA J90 MWH HLN DPR MCW JOT J30 SHAAR and arrival will most likely be the ELDEE5I've always liked these topics

The 737-800 is safely parked at Gate 218 at KLAXThe 737-700 is awaiting at ENBR Gate 28

My NGX is currently at gate 2 LSGG BA 2737

Chris Howard

WAS enroute to PDX from LAX, then the power went out... :( However now I'm in the planning process to head over to Hawaii to get a taste of ETOPS procedures. Just curious, how do you enter GPS coordinates into the FMC?....-Tanner Novak.
on the POS INIT page, select the NEXT PAGE button, select the GPS L or R to copy into the scratch pad, go back to the POS page and enter into the blocks..

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

On my Hard drive!
:(

Chris Howard

in the storage hanger waiting for the FO to get herehe is really late

Edited by flyguy172

on the POS INIT page, select the NEXT PAGE button, select the GPS L or R to copy into the scratch pad, go back to the POS page and enter into the blocks..
For entering flight plan coordinates?

For entering flight plan coordinates?
Oh, sorry. Just enter them on your route or legs page if you are building them as a waypoint.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

In this example: 46N30..43N38..39N44..35N48..30N53I believe they would be entered into the RTE page as: 4630N.4338N, etc...I could be wrong but I haven't done it in quite awhile.

Enter them as written. Just type 46n30 on the cdu and enter into the flight plan.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)