Sign in to follow this  
559AS

Where is your NGX right now?

Yesterday my NGX was flying from Shannon to Heathrow and from Las Vegas to LA at the same time !!I was on my way to London and flying the NGX on my laptop !! :(

Just out of curiosity Nick... Did you happen to be flying on VATSIM about 1 1/2 months ago in Anchorage airspace with 2 other people, all of whom were using the FedEx 738? I remember landing right behind a FedEx 738. I was in a FedEx MD-11. As I recall Anchorage center was online.
No- I was in anchorage earlier today, but not a few hours ago. I actually flew into Toronto before I went into Halifax in the MD-11 and had to go around because of a (I think Westjet or Canadian Express) 737 who took forever to get off the runway. I seriously had déjà vu after that because I've seen this video, and this was EXACTLY how it played out. (even down to the controller telling the other aircraft to keep his speed up!)

The only thing that was different was that I initiated the GA, not the controller because I was at 200ft... My MD-11 was disappointed from the missed snack. Edited by FDX016 - Nick

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Sorry, I should have been clearer. It was a couple of months ago.Currently parked for the night in DCA with a return flight to SEA scheduled for the morning. Nothing like a nice long flight, 21+ beverage, and the Super Bowl!

Now I am at KDIS, Dissapointedville regional, after learning the SDK is still delayed. lol.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. It was a couple of months ago.Currently parked for the night in DCA with a return flight to SEA scheduled for the morning. Nothing like a nice long flight, 21+ beverage, and the Super Bowl!
Ahhhh- I read your post too fast and thought you said hours. Yes, it was most likely us- it would have been FDX016, FDX1171, and FDX1526. We all fly the NGX together every once in a while, and are usually flying on the west coast, Canada, or Alaska. Good fun!

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Ahhhh- I read your post too fast and thought you said hours. Yes, it was most likely us- it would have been FDX016, FDX1171, and FDX1526. We all fly the NGX together every once in a while, and are usually flying on the west coast, Canada, or Alaska. Good fun!
That probably was you then. I remember it specifically because the controller gave instructions to multiple aircraft at the same time and everyone but myself stepped on each other in the read-back. I came in last and pretty much everyone laughed at my failure to read-back at the same time as everyone else. Good fun as always!

That probably was you then. I remember it specifically because the controller gave instructions to multiple aircraft at the same time and everyone but myself stepped on each other in the read-back. I came in last and pretty much everyone laughed at my failure to read-back at the same time as everyone else. Good fun as always!
Oh yea- we used to cause chaos before two of us changed callsigns. I used to be FDX1323, and then the other two were FDX1326, and FDX1526. You could imagine all the confused controllers when we flew together! Edited by FDX016 - Nick

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Parked at KLIT being repainted.
I'm not surprised - go on, you're a good one! Thanks at advance for your work.

Regards,
Axel

Quantas 800WL Parked at NZCH waiting to fly to YMAV (which will have to wait until this evening as my son is playing in the Semi-Finals of the U-10 Dorset Cup (football/soccer) today!! Go Sam!! (not much can pull me away from the NGX, as my missus will testify; this is one of those things)Air New Zealand 700 also parked at NZCH waiting for me to finish flying to YMAV lol

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Skopje, Macedonia.....4 good friends decided, well over a year ago, to fly around the world in FSX...the idea is to land in at least one city in every country in the world....we have visited the eastern and central pacific, south, central and north america with the caribbean, greenland, iceland, UK and almost all of europe....we started flynig the Leonardo Maddog....as soon sa the NGX came out we added it to the tour....we started a blog to track our progress.....if you see VPCNI around, make sure to say "Hi"!http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/worldmaddog/1/1328396012/tpod.html

Wanted a Something different, so I was flying FLL - EYW. EYW was a fun landing, RNAV09 onto a 4800' runway. Fun approach. Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

... Parked up at PADQ Kodiak, probably until next weekend now !!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron