Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Treasure hunt!

Just seen this question on PPRuNe"I'm a trainee on the 737 fleet for a national airline in the subcontinent. A few days ago a Captain asked me to find three places in the cockpit with the Boeing logo. I have been looking everywhere but to no avail. (No, the logo on the FCOM's don't count)"Does anyone know the answer to this trivial question? As I don't.

1. Hatch for the escape ropes. Boeing is written on a tag on the rope2. Inside the spare bulb holder.3. Flight deck door key that hangs on the grab handle of the door.There are more......................The trainee should ask the captain what is the only AFDS mode that can control Thrust, Pitch and Roll at the same time !I wonder would he know the answer ?Fred.

Edited by RYR738

Fred, I will have a search through the manuals to see if I can find the answer, but first I shall watch my recording of Match of the Day (for our American friends, this is the BBC highlights of today's Premiership Soccer or as we call it Football!)

"The trainee should ask the captain what is the only AFDS mode that can control Thrust, Pitch and Roll at the same time !I wonder would he know the answer ?"One should take extreme care in challenging the instructor, it seldom turns out for the better!

out of curiosity, is that TOGA? Command thrust as required, pitch V2/V2+20, roll wing level/HDG hold.

I'm with Fabo on that trivia!Either that or "autoland"...although I suppose it's sort of combination of a couple of modes, as opposed to a single one.

Autoland as I understand is a combination of modes, for throttle control it is FMC SPD or MCP SPD then changing to RETARD for roll it is VOR/LOC, optionally changing to ROLLOUT, for PITCH it is G/S changing to FLARE.