Sign in to follow this  
severniae

Best cruise

Hi All,I'm wondering what configuration you guys go for to obtain the best possible econimical cruise.I'm currently myself doing 27000ft with 2050 RPM and about 800 Lb-ft torque.Does this seem good or do you guys use better settings? Unfortunately carenado were a little scant on the old flying manuals!Regards,James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Guest bstolle

A jet engine is most economic at high altitudes which means FL270 is the altitude with the least fuel consumption.800ft/lb is above the P&W limit, nevertheless jetprop has mentions this value on their (non FAA approved) performance charts.600ft-lb is the P&W limit at FL270. most economic cruise at that flight level is at approx 400ft-lb.

Thanks Bstolle.So at that height what RPM on the prop should I be using? And also when i cruise at 800 it cruises along at 150Kts IAS - So should I be cruising slower than this?Thanks,James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Guest bstolle

Check your PM :( (All jetprop performance tables mention only 2200RPM for cruise)

Edited by bstolle