Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

I love it!!!!! I have always been a fan of the big radials. I can't wait to hear this one.Thanks PMDGLong Time Customer.

FANTASTIC! I love old airplanes! I am looking forward to this and the rest of the classic line. :( :( :(

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Raven-It is pretty clear from your post that you either didn't read what I wrote- or didn't understand it....The MD-11 was a poor performing not just because it sold in mediocre numbers, but because it was a full-on-airliner development cycle with many tens of thousands of hours invested.As I described in my post- this project was/is conceived to keep the developers productive during their various down cycles BETWEEN THE NGX AND THE 777. Some of us on the team won't ever get near this one because our work on the NGX rolled immedaitely to the 777, for example. But other members of the NGX dev team were finished in March of last year- and weren't needed on the 777 until this month. So rather than having them sitting around twiddling thumbs- they produced this.I know that some folks haven't picked up on this yet but: We *do* know what we are doing. :(
Could not have spelt it out more plain and simple, RSR.Hats off to you and the team on this gem.

WOW... Just another stunner!! I was quite surprised when I read/saw it was a classic, But I am also extremely excited about this release!! Cant wait to learn all those systems. Thank you all for this amazing bit of news!! :(

Waaauuuuu!!! Thanks for this project ... Excellent

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I do not know why people dog the MD-11X. That is one of the finest planes in my hangar, and I still fly it regularly (even after the NGX release!!) as I just love the bird. It is ashame that it sold poorly, as I think the bird is extremely well rounded. Not to mention easy to fly as long as you fly by the numbers. In fact I have found the NGX to have a far harder learning curve than the MD-11 due to the 11 being nearly fully automated.I must say thid DC-6 is excellent!! Like you I myself like to take breaks from our own development and fly the A2A birds. When I first started scrolling down I was kind of hoping you were going to say you got Scott to lend you Accu-Sim. Especially since you have mentioned it in the past. The JS4100 is fun though, and I am sure this bird will be just as much though. To be honest the JS4100 feels no less of a product to me than the MD-11 or NGX except it is missing a failure module. Excellent work though with the maintenance stands and all.. So this brings some hope that the DC-6 is maybe slightly more in depth than the JS4100. Look forward to flying it!

Very nice plane!I like that the company (PMDG) is branching out beyond modern airliners. It gives me secret,small hope for the older jets (A300, L1011, 737, 727, etc...) with PMDG quality. I also respect the fact of NOT stepping on A2A's toes by keep Scott informed.Even though I am not an vintage plane enthusiast, and will not be purchasing this, I can appreciate the product diversity with the classic line.Great job on another product and "grats" to all you classic plane lovers! You got your Super "Wood Pidgeon"!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Stunning work, now THIS is an Airplane :) :) :)Thank you!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11