Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

Hi,I just pop in to tell you that I'm very interested in your DC-6 and will definitly become a PMDG client when released.Question: any idea about the release date ?Regards

Francois Mavel

gents-I thought it might be a good idea to throw some clarification in here... or- to put it another way: kill some of the really dumb stuff we are reading here and in a few other spots.Depth of Simulation: As already stated, the systems simulation on this airplane (including the engines and their operation) will be very deep. Keep in mind, we're the people who modeled things like stand-up-voltage on the NGX...(something 99.9% of you probably don't know exists...LOL) So if you mess around with her, or abuse your engines- there will be consequences.What will NOT be part of this simulation is a failures module that allows you to set random or scheduled failures. (Which is not to say you can't break things... Or- as one user put it very well earlier in this thread: there will be consequences for poor handling.)Now- I've seen a couple of comments about how "the DC-6 won't be modeled to the level of accusim so it won't be good." These individuals are ill informed or intentionally distorting what we have said. What I said specifically was that we are not going to model some of the "character driven" interactions ala Accusim. We understand that some folks like that sort of thing- and that it does add some game-play to the sim that isn't there otherwise, but it doesn't hit the realism bar we are looking for.So- please help us stomp out the misinformation when you see it. The DC-6 is marvelously detailed and when released will meet or exceed your expectations for depth and complexity. Just because we will not be bundling the complex pieces separately and then asking you to pay for them as an expanded package doesn't mean the product won't be rich and complex...Oh- and one last thing: I"ve seen a couple of you get into scraps with users in other forums after they complain about this project. We greatly appreciate your loyalty- but please don't sweat the details. We're making this airplane because WE need a fun, easy, automation-free project now and then to change up the scenery.You guys get to benefit from the fact that we do things like this to entertain ourselves. :(

Maybe I can duplex my old DC-3 type rating and have it come out as a DC-6. Does anyone even check those things anymore? I like this one.Ray
Ray-I'm going to be picking up my DC-3 type later in the spring- so here is what I propose:You fly one wing... I'll fly the other.... We'll just tell them we are a pair of 3's in close formation. :(

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Beautiful and remarkable... like many I never saw this one coming either. Yes, I feel an episode of Ice Pilots coming on.If you are going to be doing more of these please consider the Connie, argueably one of the most beautiful of piston liners.Kind RegardsButch

Edited by Butchm

Depth of Simulation: As already stated, the systems simulation on this airplane (including the engines and their operation) will be very deep. Keep in mind, we're the people who modeled things like stand-up-voltage on the NGX...(something 99.9% of you probably don't know exists...LOL) So if you mess around with her, or abuse your engines- there will be consequences.
:(

You guys get to benefit from the fact that we do things like this to entertain ourselves. :Peace:Ray-I'm going to be picking up my DC-3 type later in the spring- so here is what I propose:You fly one wing... I'll fly the other.... We'll just tell them we are a pair of 3's in close formation. :(
It's a date. Let's check out those Hawaiian Islands we are reading so much about lately.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Guest BeaverDriver

Let me add my kudos for this great bird! From PMDG we can count on a very high quality product which this aircraft deserves. I'd like to add my voice too for a cargo version as many of the remaining DC6's are used now for such a purpose. Thanks!

Ray-I'm going to be picking up my DC-3 type later in the spring- so here is what I propose:You fly one wing... I'll fly the other.... We'll just tell them we are a pair of 3's in close formation. :(
What I deciphered: There will be a PMDG DC-3 in our future. :(

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

You know Robert.... sometimes I just love reading your posts. Have you ever thought of being a polit :( .......;-)

A PMDG DC-3? That is quite an awesome idea. Since the thread's first post included the words "PMDG", "communication", "Scott", and "A2A", perhaps we'd see a joint-venture DC-3?

Inactive

A PMDG DC-3? That is quite an awesome idea. Since the thread's first post included the words "PMDG", "communication", "Scott", and "A2A", perhaps we'd see a joint-venture DC-3?
Good point! I want to scratch my "There will be a PMDG DC-3 in our future" idea and substitute it with "There will be a joint project PMDG/A2A Accusim DC-3 in our future"! You heard it here, folks.Just%20Kidding.gifTo the knuckle heads: This is purely entertainment. Make of it what you will, but the above is still a pipe dream for now. Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

When i see the video above from flying the DC i think it's absolutely necessary to make this plane MultiCrew-able. How else should we fiddeling all the levers, only moveable with much power in the arms, there are minimum two guys necessary. PLEASE THINK ABOUT THIS! :(

Señor Capitán:Thank you for this wonderful aircraft. I flew on them many times. From Guatemala City to New Orleans for all my grammar and high school years!!!! starting in 1954, PAA was the carrier. At the time It was a Love- hated relationship for it was my transportation to a bordering school!!!! not great fun. I think it cruised the Gulf of Mexico at around eight thousand feet and man the ride was bumpy, ups and downs galore.....:):) :(....the brown bags sure were a needed artifact!!!!!, poor those guys that had to clean the plane after a turbulent flight!!!!.....But I must say my love for the plane surged over the hate part....I have almost all DC-6s that have been made freeware for FS9 and FSX and constantly fly the ladies, all models. So, congratulations for your thoughts that brought you to having this most famous aircraft developed. I will check here constantly and hope you shoot it out of the manufacturing plant Fast!!!!!!....I will start making, tonight, a few Missions for it and obviously some Adventure Flights too....I have seen one or two landing in MPTO still, Latin American Airlines and many Freight lines used this baby for ages!!!! you can see some skeletons of it in many airports down south today.Gera

Edited by pilota

No matter if its metal jet or wood pigeon - if it's made by PMDG = buy!!!Great news Captain! Looking forward for it...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

are HUGE fans of the big old radial engine beasts.
YEAH! Just make sure you get the sound x4 right :)

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

What I deciphered: There will be a PMDG DC-3 in our future. :(
Oh yes, please. I've been wishing for a PMDG-level -3 for FSX recently. I get to work on one IRL, would love to have something in the sim to fly.