Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

Trust me - it's a fairly safe bet that it will be better than the Justflight version !!!
Agree, I've just seen screeshots of the other offering,you can practically smell the leather on the PMDG version :) Edited by Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

We are planning on adding both the cargo and fire bomber variants.
........... So........Excited..........about this little nugget of info.

Any chance we can see a little more of this beauty? Perhapse in a Buffalo Airways paint?

This is fantastic news. This one is definitely for me! Would be great to see the "Bateleur" livery!

Edited by Eberhard

...Would be great to see the "Bateleur" livery!
Rest assured, the V5-NCG livery will be included.

Cheers,

Henning

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg

First of all.. hurghs - wrote a wall of text in here and closed the window...now again:i haven't had the time to sim a lot lately and haven't checked in here for a while but when i saw this thread, i can just say: Amazing.Some or many may already know - some don't. About 1 hour (by car - not plane) away is the homebase of a kinda wealthy business owner (some may know it as RedBull) and his Flying Bulls. And his "Flagship" is a DC-6 that was formerly owned by Marshall Tito (former President of Jugoslawia) and later sold to an African President where the plane got abandonded at an airfield. One of his mechanics found the plane and they restored the plane to make it at least flyable and brought it to Austria where i let the plane be rebuilt piece by piece.Bianually he shows of his complete fleet (he's got also a P-38 Lightning, F4U Corsair, B-25, Cobra, ...) at the biggest Airshow in Austria, the "Airpower". I took those shots last year and wanted to show it here, so you might get an idea for a really cool repaint that deserves to be in the library to fly it around beautiful Austria and further away. dc_6_1.jpgdc_6_2.jpgdc_6_3.jpgThe shots are not incredibly good - my cam has seen better times (that should not count as an excuse).Once i moved to the US and got some time to settle i will definately will get my credit card burning for this one.With all the best

Yummmmmy! getting pretty excited for this one.

Hi all.Well I guess this Douglas DC6 isn't a secret anymore. I have over the years bought most of the PMDG stable of aircraft for FSX. Strange that just lately, I too have been taking a break from flying jets and going back to basics, with a purchase of the A2A Spitfire and Flight1's DC2, both still detailed and flown by the book, but what a refreshing change to try something new. I don't know if it's me, but these old planes really do take a different kind of skill to fly and I'm still not very good at it!I have to say well done to PMDG for being willing enough to try a new range of aircraft, and from these photo's what a range they look like being.Count me in!!!!Looking forward excitedly to getting my hands on this latest PMDG product.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Guest BeaverDriver
We are planning on adding both the cargo and fire bomber variants.
Wow!! Chalk up another 2 sales! Good deal guys :). Thanks.

Trust me - it's a fairly safe bet that it will be better than the Justflight version !!!
I bought the Just Flight version to pacify me till the PMDG DC-6 is released. There will be no comparison, PMDG's will make the JF look like freeware :)
Any chance we can see a little more of this beauty? Perhapse in a Buffalo Airways paint?
I could be wrong but I don't think Buffalo Airways have a DC-6

Guest BeaverDriver
if the pmdg is better,i buy it to
Hehe, that's sort of like asking if Rolex is better than Timex :(

Yup, DC4s.... But it looks externally 'close' enough for some on fs I suppose. And Its a darn sight better than current dc4 options.

I could be wrong but I don't think Buffalo Airways have a DC-6Your absolutely right, they have DC4's but it would still look pretty cool in my oppinion :( Going to get a little snowy there in Abby tonight eh?

Edited by ricky76

Douglas DC-6B ... I am a bit older and see this aircraft in memory ofDag Hjalmar Agne Carl Hammarskjöld, UN Secretary General from 1953 to 18th September 1961.In September 1961, Hammarskjöld learned about fighting between "non-combatant" UN forces and Katangese troops of Moise Tshombe. He was en route to negotiate a cease-fire on the night of 17–18 September when his Transair Sweden Douglas DC-6B airliner SE-BDY crashed near Ndola, Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia). Hammarskjöld and fifteen others perished in the crash.The official version of this event is an " normal crash", but the second version is, that an aircraft from the "Katanga-Rebel-Air-Force", a Vouga "Magister", comming in from Kolwezi, Katanga, destrojed the DC-6B-Airliner on final to Ndola airport.51 years later, we don´t know, wich version is correct.... but the world has it forgotten to recognize. Dag Hamarskjöld, Captain Hallonquist and his fellow crew... rest in peace.Hope, we have here a good replica for the FSX... for this historic aircraft.All in all this is one of the aircraft, many of us older virtual pilots like it. After so much glas cockpits, most modern systems, computers... it is time for such an airplane. Good Idea Gentlemen...Andreas R. SchmidtPotsdam, Germany andRiga, LatviaSorry for my bad english...

Edited by hasegawa