Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

I'm going to kill the rumor right here and right now...

Nope your TOTALLY wrong there dude... were doing this on our own.

Hi Jason,

Is it possible to show some more pictures of the plane. From different angles. Not to see progress, but just for fun. Really like this plane.

Thanks

Eric

Can you guys give us a hint when the 6 It might be ready ?

Cheers CJ

Can you guys give us a hint when the 6 It might be ready ?

Cheers CJ

Probly a coupla weeks! :LMAO:

Time for a juicy rumor. Not sure if it's true, but here we go.

PMDG makes the model, textures, VC and A2A brings their unmatched technical achievments to make this aircraft Accusimable. So you initially buy the product from PMDG and then if you choose, you buy the accusim module from A2A.

Here is what Scott from A2A has to say about this:

Q) There have been rumours about A2A's involvement in the PMDG DC-6 project. Would you care to comment?

A) This is the first I have heard of this, but this may be because A2A was mentioned in their announcement. Robert Randazzo from PMDG did let us know they were developing a DC-6 prior to going public. It’s always nice when developers keep tabs on what each are doing, just so we don’t accidentally develop the same plane. I am a believer that developers that build quality help to grow the genre (the opposite also applies), so I do see PMDG making a DC-6 as being good for A2A and vice versa. Basically, if a PMDG customer becomes more aware of these large prop aircraft, they will look at our Boeing Stratocruiser (and our customers will look at their DC-6).

Source: http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/interviews/interview-with-scott-gentile-of-a2a-simulations-r163

I may have missed it somewhere but I haven't seen much on this lately. And no I'm not asking for a release date. I was just wondering about the progress (How much has there been?)

Yes it's been 3 months now, so a update would be nice.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yeah, well, that's all because you didn't sing along with me when you had the chance. Too shy, éhh .....

I sing 'Gimme Hope Sir Robert' everyday 5 times while sitting on my knees but i feel like a caller in the desert.

Ok,second chance, second verse. Get on your knees and sing, dang it ! SING!!!

(remember,as in Gimme Hope Jo'anna by Eddie Grant)

The DC-6 is our favourite aircraft

Cause we don't care about no FMC

We can't wait for its takeoff clearance cause

It's been developed by PMDG

We like the sound of them Pratt and Whitney's

We get high on the startup smoke

We like to fumble around with the gas box so

Please don't tell us that it's all a joke.

[chorus:]

Gimme hope, Sir Robert

Hope, Sir Robert

Gimme hope,Sir Robert

'Fore the morning come

Gimme hope, Sir Robert

Hope,Sir Robert

Hope before the morning come

-----

Jan

Javiz you're quite good at writting lyrics :). There's something I cannot do.

I think we all should just wait patiently for the "masters" to decided when their masterpiece is ready. For me the waiting is part of the fun.

Cheers,

Alex

Yeah, well, that's all because you didn't sing along with me when you had the chance. Too shy, éhh .....

I sing 'Gimme Hope Sir Robert' everyday 5 times while sitting on my knees but i feel like a caller in the desert.

Ok,second chance, second verse. Get on your knees and sing, dang it ! SING!!!

(remember,as in Gimme Hope Jo'anna by Eddie Grant)

The DC-6 is our favourite aircraft

Cause we don't care about no FMC

We can't wait for its takeoff clearance cause

It's been developed by PMDG

We like the sound of them Pratt and Whitney's

We get high on the startup smoke

We like to fumble around with the gas box so

Please don't tell us that it's all a joke.

[chorus:]

Gimme hope, Sir Robert

Hope, Sir Robert

Gimme hope,Sir Robert

'Fore the morning come

Gimme hope, Sir Robert

Hope,Sir Robert

Hope before the morning come

-----

Rui Laureano

Lisboa, Portugal

For me the waiting is part of the fun.

Absolutely, for me too !

Personally, fooling around about it while doing so is part of the fun too.

Happend not only once that the waiting for a model to be released proved to be more fun than i got out of it after it actually had been released... :search:

I am 100% sure this won't happen with the PMDG DC-6 !

Still, i can't wait for some more news about the stage of development of it...

How about it, Sir Robert, Sir ? ....

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

Cmon any news at all? Surely there must be something PMDG can say about it by now, physically in the screens the plane looks complete so I would imagine the systems are being worked on as we speak.

Was it supposed to be out before the 777? I think I got that impression from somewhere but now I'm not sure it was ever said for sure. I hope so, I'm looking more forward to this than the 777!

Noah Bryant

physically in the screens the plane looks complete so I would imagine the systems are being worked on as we speak

Yup. :crazy:

Cheers,

Henning

dc6_devteam_banner.jpg

:D! I can't wait for the release - already got the money seperate from the rest.. Lol

-James Milligan

Just go ahead and fly the beautiful NGX instead of spending your life here asking when, when, when. Despite common belief, you are NOT speeding up progress by asking for the release date. It will be ready when it's ready. Just remember how much good did asking about release dates get you when the NGX was in production.... :)

As for the A2A involvement, I interviewed Scott and asked him about it, and I see that someone posted the answer above so that should clarify that.

Just go ahead and fly the beautiful NGX instead of spending your life here asking when, when, when. Despite common belief, you are NOT speeding up progress by asking for the release date. It will be ready when it's ready. Just remember how much good did asking about release dates get you when the NGX was in production.... :)

As for the A2A involvement, I interviewed Scott and asked him about it, and I see that someone posted the answer above so that should clarify that.

I totally second that. Although it is nice for everyone to show their enthusiasm towards the release, and what they are expecting, etc. It is not so nice for people to be begging, even annoying Robert and his team for the release date. As we know from the past, PMDG don't do release dates, and that's one of the main things I like about them. You never know what's around the corner. (look at the dc6 for example - who expected that?

Thanks