Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

I don't think it is unreasonable for people to be somewhat disappointed that development of the DC6 appears to be on the back burner, although I can appreciate that the 777, 747v2, and P3D versions of these and the 737NGX are a higher priority.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Where was because that there would be a Secret Project? I think in the forum about nothing.

747 2.0 was the second project if I recall.

Nope, no MD11 PMDG said several times on the forums, that they won't make an update on the MD11.

Well, you won't be getting a yes...

Certainly not if you don't obey the forum rules. (You need to sign your posts with your full real name here, else your post might get deleted.)

Removed 4 posts that were unsigned. It's probably the simplest rule to follow here on the forum. Please take a moment to configure a signature so that you don't even have to think about it.

Someone mentioned that they hope it doesn't fall through the cracks. It most definitely hasn't, and definitely won't.

Kyle Rodgers

Someone mentioned that they hope it doesn't fall through the cracks. It most definitely hasn't, and definitely won't.

Kyle,

I have been following this topic with anticipation and excitement since it started.  I really appreciate your comment that this project has NOT fallen through the cracks.  I will continue to lurk with hope.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

That's very good news.  Thanks for the update.  I look forward to being able to continue to follow the project in this thread.  

For sure, if and when PMDG release this A/C we can be pretty sure that it will be a stunning addition to the hangar, having said that..I just wonder how many "modern" simmers will be prepared to take on a whole new way of flying?, and yes, I will be first in line to buy, but then again I, to term the phrase, "cut my teeth" on a PW radial spark plug! lol.

So if you do intend taking on this beast, and beast it will be!, get yourself into..lets say the "Constellation" do a few engine starts, as my old boss used to say: "to start one of these B@#*ers your fingers need to move like a fiddlers elbow"...at least it shouldn't catch fire during start up in the sim...the same cannot be said for the real thing!!, if the sound of those engines on T/O doesn't make your hair stand on end...there's something wrong with you!. :rolleyes:

I'm going to sit, watch and wait patiently for any news!

Robin    

Can we close this thread Kyle?  Seems to me to be a lot about nothing aside from the OP

I've got to tell you Dave I really resent this post.  This is an internet forum.  Internet forums are where people talk about things that interest them, things that excite them, things that make us old farts feel like a kid again.  Yes, there are a few posts that are a little whiny and exhibit impatience, but overall, most sing the accolades of PMDG and the quality of the products they provide for us.  If you don't appreciate this thread, then don't read or follow it.  It's really that simple.

Here's to Happy Flying, TD

I've got to tell you Dave I really resent this post.  This is an internet forum.  Internet forums are where people talk about things that interest them, things that excite them, things that make us old farts feel like a kid again.  Yes, there are a few posts that are a little whiny and exhibit impatience, but overall, most sing the accolades of PMDG and the quality of the products they provide for us.  If you don't appreciate this thread, then don't read or follow it.  It's really that simple.

While I understood Dave's sentiment, I left the post open for a reason. It could've just been left at that.

For what it's worth, his asking of a question is equally covered by your post asking that people be allowed to speak their opinions, is it not?

Kyle Rodgers

Can we close this thread Kyle?  Seems to me to be a lot about nothing aside from the OP

+1

takes a pretty big ego to decide that 100s of people's interaction and enjoyment should be cut short because one person doesn't like this thread and wants it closed.

There's always the (comon sense) option to not view the thread any more if you don't like it ........

This is a thread about ;-

i). a forthcoming PMDG product

ii). a DC-6 !!!

Surely you didn't expect loving exchanges and diplomacy! :smile:

...and the ironic thing is, taking shots at people for asking to close the topic ended up getting the topic closed.

That's enough for this thread. It's nearly three years old anyway.

Kyle Rodgers