Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Secret Project #1: This one is a classic!

Looking forward to some Everts repaints for this gal!The day I get back to AK I fear Everts will have retired them, as when I worked for Everts, the mechanics weren't too sure the old birds were going to be around another 5 years.

Edited by Joseph Chamberlain

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Only vintage plane I'll buy :) Can we expect 3D propellors modelled? I think those are the coolest things blum.gifI heard about this plane. What is the purpose of this Redbull plane? Is it just a flying advertisement, or do they fly cargo with it? Also, where would it fly (if it did)? Looks awesome blum.gif
Its used as business plane for RedBull. Sometimes it shows up at airshows or does fly-pasts at the Red Bull air race but the primary roll is Business plane.On Airliners.net there is a picture of the amazing interior of this plane.Here you can see a real life flightplan of this bird http://www.edi-gla.co.uk/fpl/view.php?fpl=36064It just flys around europe to any where Red Bull wants to go. Edited by Bobbyjuwing

No1I think PMDG made it quite clear that this is not going to be as detailed as A2A accusim and therefore won't have an accusim expansion for it.No2I heard a lot of you guys mentioning how great will it be to fly old propliner and then asking for a gps 5 posts below.DC-6 originally didn't have a gps.Yes,it is easier to fly with one,but you need to learn some VOR/NDB/dead reckoning stuff.If you are going along the "easier to fly" line,why don't you add a fmc,or maybe a PFD/ND set,or FADEC,or lets just swap those unreliable radials with turboprops,or,in the end,lets just make an Airbus instead.

Looking forward to some Everts repaints for this gal!The day I get back to AK I fear Everts will have retired them, as when I worked for Everts, the mechanics weren't too sure the old birds were going to be around another 5 years.
I see and hear those old girls everyday (Everts / PAFA) and they sure do look and sound as good as ever. My supervisor used to be an engineer on those birds (NAC).I hope they are still around too for all our sakes when you get back north.Hoping for some Everts repaint(s) as well.

Neat video there!
amazing how little room they had, look at 5:15 of the vid, the pilot is literally squeezed between back wall and yoke, not quite as comfortable as nowadays obviously

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

OMG. I'm Soo excited by this project. Perhaps even more so than the 777.It's a shame to read so many negative posts about this announcement, here and elsewhere on the net. If your a real aviation fan this should excite you. Pmdg is giving us the opportunity to travel back to the heritage days of aviation, to the romantic and glamorous era.If only there was an option to turn back the clock in the sim, and see the world how it was in the DC-6 days

wow no I need a new Keyboard after reading this announcement (drooling all over it :grin: )CC is ready Robert :(

If your a real aviation fan this should excite you.
Well said Tim, real aviation enthusiasts love everything that's got a pair of wings! (even our little friends with feathers)

I love the music on those vids
Ditto. Far, far better than all that loud head-banging noise when somebody posts to YT which detracts from the real point----watching a flight instead of being distracted by loud noise!

In the immortal words of Dr. Sheldon Cooper...Oh goodie oh goodie oh goodie oh goodie oh goodie!Cannot wait to fly this thing!

Excellent! Great to see that PMDG finally has seen the light (which is radial engines!) Count me in!

A little too classic for me, but the screenshots convinced me. And its not only flying in Namibia (just came back from Namibia, but unfortunately didn't see this plane) OperatorsMain article: Douglas DC-6 operators220px-Dc-6-g-apsa-far2008-01.jpgmagnify-clip.pngG-APSA in British Eagle scheme220px-DC-6_G-APSA.jpgmagnify-clip.pngG-APSA displaying at Hamburg220px-DC6-Redbull.jpgmagnify-clip.pngThe Red Bull DC-6B landing at Salzburg220px-RAA_DC-6B_N7919C.jpgmagnify-clip.pngA DC-6B N7919C belonged to Reeve Aleutian Airways in 1972 Current operators of the DC-6 Today, most DC-6s are inactive, stored or preserved in museums, although a number are flying in northern bush operations in Alaska and Canada while several are based in Europe and a few other DC-6s are still in operation for small carriers in South America.

• One DC-6A, G-APSA, is in use at Coventry, UK. There is also a DC-6B, G-SIXC.[6] at the same site.
  • One DC-6B is in use by Red Bull in Salzburg, Austria.
  • One DC-6B V5-NCG "Bateleur" is in use with Namibia Commercial Aviation. This was the last DC-6 off the Douglas production line and the last DC-6 in the world in passenger configuration still flying commercially.[7]
  • Several ( as of 2010 ) are in use as freighters or waterbombers in Canada. They are no longer used as retardant bombers in the western US.
  • As of 2011, Everts Air Cargo operates eight DC-6s and two C-46s.

If your a real aviation fan this should excite you
Well said Tim, real aviation enthusiasts love everything that's got a pair of wings! (even our little friends with feathers)
i like vegetables but i hate green beansnot everyone has to like this plane and buy it

i like vegetables but i hate green beansnot everyone has to like this plane and buy it
We didn't say you had to buy it or even like it. I think you missed the basic point here.