Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

Forums speed

>Is it just me or are you guys playing with your wands again? >The forums seem to have picked up incredible speed all of a >sudden. Well, even though we didn't stick with the new forums, I'm certain that the reconstruction Matt did to the ftp machine has probably helped this forum as it is on the same machine.>EDIT: Well that might be one reason, the screen shot forum >as vanished. Now the forums are able to run smooth without >it I guess. :-lol Well, you don't know how much truth there probably is in that statement. Between the MSFS General forum and the Screenshots forum, they make up a good 50% of our total posts. And posting is what gives the biggest hit to these forums. It's harder to figure from the stats how just forum traffic breaks down to each forum.And the screenshot forum is a little bit busier than the MSFS forum, so it is more like a 30/20 split instead of 25/25. So, I guess one way to look at that is if we left the screenshot forum offline, it might cut 25-30% of our performance problem. :-)Of course, as popular as it is, that wouldn't be a very welcome plan of strategy.

Guest Rob

I'm not sure Scott - even with the screenshot forum back online, these forums are still very zippy. :)

Guest Joe

Taking a long time for pages to load. Previewing and Posting messages also very slow.I've survived much worse. But, it's distressing enough to make me feel I needed to say something.Just did a speed test for my connection and it's as fast as it normally is.Maybe it's a Network problem. I checked, though, and everything looks okay at the time I posted this message...except for one router in the D.C. area.http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm-The Chronic Complainer- :)Joe Sumrall[big]B[/bIG]USH [bIG]F[/bIG]LYING [bIG]U[/bIG]NLIMITED ...at home in the wild

Guest Lizardo

I have to agree with that, it's as slow and cranky today as it's EVER been. (16.51mb cable here)