Sign in to follow this  
RYR738

Great News Guys !

no. why the heck should I? blum.gif
Hey dude, come and hang out with us for some cool multiplayer gaming! Watch out for me, I'll be using my real life call sign "airbomberBuddy99"

no. why the heck should I? blum.gif
Maybe we can fly through the golden hoop together.Bob

You may be right. I could be wrong but I do not think the user will be able to control much in the sim nor the cockpit.
You are wrong. Very wrong !

You may be right. I could be wrong but I do not think the user will be able to control much in the sim nor the cockpit.
Oh ya you can put the gear up and you even get bonus points for it,its so in depth it will blow your mind. :(

If it's Massively Multiplayer, and you can shoot and cause damage, and drop the odd Nuke, count me double-in! Would make for interesting standard approach procedures..."Aborted approach, runway craters too large this week..". Alas, I don't think they'd be that imaginative. Now that would be a great Idea for a game - A huge region/ single country/Islands, regenerated every Friday at 4pm, ready for total annihilation by thousands of MMO players during the weekend and work lunchtimes! Do you hear me Bohemia?!

Oh ya you can put the gear up and you even get bonus points for it,its so in depth it will blow your mind. :(
What if you put the gear up and it happens to be a fixed gear aircraft?BobOk, I must apologize to RYR738, as he seems to be pretty confident or he has some inside info. I carried that a little too far.I really should not be poking fun when I really don't have all the info. How about pressure altitude? Will I be able to set that?Bob

Why are you here?Is it just because you want to troll the x plane forums?Flight is a GAME. Even Microsoft calls it a game on their own site. It's fine that you love it, but you're in the minority. Perhaps the FLIGHT forums would be more suited to you.

And I won't cos my main box is Linux plus I'm not really interested in that sort of stuff.

Perhaps the FLIGHT forums would be more suited to you.
Nope. They all hate it too. Maybe find a "game" forum. :(

I shall try Ms Flight without prejudice.If the flight models are ok, if you can, beside 'playing' it with low realism settings with your mouse or keyboard, also fly it with high realism settings with my saitek yoke, pedals and quadrant and is at least as realistic as FSX with addon expansions then it can be nice because the graphics look good.But even in that case it will be limited because there will be no room for third party addons so it seems.So in the worst scenario there's besides an expanded FSX, only XP 10 as a real simulator left and maybe AeroflyFS from Ikarus which has great potential but is very restricted at this stage: only (very nice !) Switzerland, instruments: only the 'basic six' for VFR flying (no fuel or weight control, no radio's, no NAV, so no IFR and no ATC) but good flight models.But first i will try Xplane 10.04 Beta 2 to see if the flight models in wind and turbulence are more realistic, a roller coaster is fun but not realistic flying.Let's wait and see :(

Guest HowardHughes
I almost feel sorry for the MSFS crowd.... but...man o man... Karma is a beotch;-)
Precisely what Karma is that?It's not like the MSFS crowd have lost anything that you havn't. They're not bound to stick to FSX for the rest of their lives, they can move on as they please. I will happily move on to XP10 in the future if they sort out some of the fairly horrendous issues which currently plague the sim.Regardless of which sim you use/support - the potential failure of Flight is nothing but a bad thing for simmers everywhere. Competition drives innovation and progress. X-plane most likely wouldn't even exist if it weren't for MSFS early releases, and a lot of the improvements in the XP series have been pratically in direct response to complaints from MSFS users. Choice is a good thing, and it looks like there's not going to be a lot of it any more.That said, MS Flight is going to be interesting. They're introducing a product to a bunch of guys who only know one thing - how to rip apart a flight simulator and get it to do what they want it to do. At this point nobody knows what's achievable. It will go two ways - either it will be locked down sufficiently to rule out modification (in which case it's a dud) or it's open enough to get your own material in there. All it takes is for one of the big manufacturers (or even a little one) to figure out a way to get their work in there and the game changes.

As far as I know XPlane has never had anything to do with MSFS in any shape or form. There is a link here to it's history on the Xplane wikihttp://wiki.x-plane.com/Chapter_1:_About_X-Plane#HistoryI won't ask what the horrendous issues are.The potential success or failure of Flight is of only academic interest to me as Linux is my OS of choice. I haven't used MSFS since the release of FSX and I seriously doubt I'm the only one. I had many good times with MSFS before the release of FSX. With all its seemingly endless problems I thought it was time to move on.Pete

I will happily move on to XP10 in the future if they sort out some of the fairly horrendous issues which currently plague the sim.Regardless of which sim you use/support - the potential failure of Flight is nothing but a bad thing for simmers everywhere. Competition drives innovation and progress. X-plane most likely wouldn't even exist if it weren't for MSFS early releases, and a lot of the improvements in the XP series have been pratically in direct response to complaints from MSFS users. Choice is a good thing, and it looks like there's not going to be a lot of it any more.

1. Instrument lights - $2.252. Each AI aircraft - GA (Limit 5) $.50 - Heavy (Limit 3) $.1.253. Moving Visor - $.254. Each additional water craft $.20 - Ferry, Cruise ship or Large yaught - $.55 (no limit)5. Windscreen rain $1.00 - side windows $.35 (buy one side, other side is free)6. Rotating Tires $.40 each (For taildraggers, tail wheel included when main tires are purchased)7. Add IFR capability (coming soon)More to follow. Please sign up for our newsletter (free)