Sign in to follow this  
RYR738

Great News Guys !

Guest HowardHughes
As far as I know XPlane has never had anything to do with MSFS in any shape or form. There is a link here to it's history on the Xplane wikihttp://wiki.x-plane....X-Plane#HistoryI won't ask what the horrendous issues are.The potential success or failure of Flight is of only academic interest to me as Linux is my OS of choice. I haven't used MSFS since the release of FSX and I seriously doubt I'm the only one. I had many good times with MSFS before the release of FSX. With all its seemingly endless problems I thought it was time to move on.Pete
Do you think X-plane would have come into existence if MSFS never had?And isn't it funny that most of the people complaining about FSX's seemingly endless problems are the ones who don't use FSX?

Do you think X-plane would have come into existence if MSFS never had?> Reading Xplane's history, that seems to be a reasonable conclusion.And isn't it funny that most of the people complaining about FSX's seemingly endless problems are the ones who don't use FSX?
> The FXS forums were full of ppl complaining about it which was why I passed it up. These people were all ones who had bought it. Even now if you look thru the FSX forums there are still complaints surfacing.PS Why would anyone who doesn't have FSX complain about it's issues? Sorry I don't get that.

I better start looking for my game pad....lol

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

And isn't it funny that most of the people complaining about FSX's seemingly endless problems are the ones who don't use FSX?
It does have seemingly endless problems, however I do not complain about it because it would change nothing anyway.

Guest HowardHughes
> The FXS forums were full of ppl complaining about it which was why I passed it up. These people were all ones who had bought it. Even now if you look thru the FSX forums there are still complaints surfacing.PS Why would anyone who doesn't have FSX complain about it's issues? Sorry I don't get that.
It does have seemingly endless problems, however I do not complain about it because it would change nothing anyway.
If you flick through the first 3 pages of the XP10 general discussion forums you'll find plenty of instances of issues with XPX. I remember a while ago a member here did a comparison of FSX error reports and XP9 (I believe) error reports, and found that as a percentage of posts they were hardly different. You are going to have problems with software wherever you look, and I'm one of the majority of FSX users who have never had a single issue whatsoever. you're going to hear about FSX's problems more, because it's so vastly more popular - but that doesn't mean errors are statistically more probable or inherent.Not to mention that a majority of the problems (both in FSX and XP alike) are caused by a third party intervention, and not as a direct result of a serious problem with the sim.I've got my fingers crossed for Flight and my fingers crossed for XPX. A good effort from MS will hopefully push XPX to resolve some of it's more glaring faults.

hopefully push XPX to resolve some of it's more glaring faults
Do you mind posting which one's? Edited by zPirata

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Guest HowardHughes
Do you mind posting which one's?
- Complete lack of buildings at 99.999% of airports- A failure of the 'plausible world' in 99% os urban areas- Awful ATC implementation- Awful AI implementation

- Complete lack of buildings at 99.999% of airports- A failure of the 'plausible world' in 99% os urban areas- Awful ATC implementation- Awful AI implementation
Have you noticed that XPX is still in beta?

Do you mind posting which one's?
Seasonal textures.

Guest HowardHughes
So is Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0 by the same criteria.XPX isn't in beta at all. It's been on full commercial release for 2 months. It's called a beta to give an excuse for the shortcomings. Edited by HowardHughes

For how much longer? At what version number does the "beta" label get removed?

For how much longer? At what version number does the "beta" label get removed?
Give it time and I can assure you "beta label" will be removed. "Good things come to those who wait"

I think Austin should consider paying us for input and bug reporting. At the very least, say "Thank You for your support".Bob

Guest HowardHughes
Give it time and I can assure you "beta label" will be removed."Good things come to those who wait"
Well in the meantime I'll get back to using Windows 7 beta. Perhaps in a while I'll open Microsoft word beta. Maybe later I'll open photoshop beta and do some aircraft repaints. I might listen to some music on spotify beta while I'm at it.You paid full price on full commercial release for this product. Don't do yourself a massive disservice by suggesting that XPX is a beta product.

I think Austin should consider paying us for input and bug reporting. At the very least, say "Thank You for your support".Bob
I doubt if the FSX/Flight beta testers got paid or even received a "Thank you for your support" from Bill Gates".