Sign in to follow this  
aentwis

Reality XP GNS530 AND 430 (no crossfill) issue

I have a rather serious issue that has arisen since installing the P46T. It seems to have killed the GNS430W by RXP. Interestingly enough, the Garmin 400W/500W trainer is still working...I have the Realair Duke and Royal Turbine conversion with a similar twin 430/530 configuration, without the ultimate crossfill package and have never had issues with it.I set up the Malibu to run both a 530 and 430 from RXP and the 430 refuses to start up properly. It always crashes when I hitz the enter key to initialize the unit, just before the default map view appears. The fequencies for COM appear but nothing else, and the unit stops working...It has affected the 430W in all aircraft in which the RXP430W is installed as far as I can tell so far...I am removing the P46T, then the RXP units, and reinstalling them... anyone have any idea as to why this might have happened?Andrew

Edited by aentwis

Two things to check...First of all, delete the .mem files in the rxpGnsSim/Nonvol folder (search for "nonvol")Secondly, check the panel.cfg file for the Malibu and make sure there is nomention of "gns430_2"Then restart the sim.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

The RXP GNS430W is dead. Even a reinstall does not work any more...Sad...Found the nonvol, checking...Andrew

Edited by aentwis

Removing the.mems has got the 430W back working now... thanks for that tip...Bert and Bernt, diamonds and goldmines of information!Now to get the 530W back on and the P46T...Andrew

Edited by aentwis

I have this Too in the P46T!Have rebuilt the .mem file three times now.I have just the RPX 530 with GNS430_nc2_3d.The 530 installed with the Carenado CAR_XP.Checked the Panel.cfg and it looks OK

Paul EGLD

All seems to be working now... the .mems seem to have done it for me, since I have made no changes to the panel.cfg created by the CAR_XP.exe...Thanks Bert, you really helped out with that tip!Andrew

Hi Bert. I picked this up as an old thread. I've got the same problem: In the VC in the position of the 430 screen is a graphic display of "Reality XP". I am trying to work my way through your advice but need clarity in respect of the following: Are we talking about the panel.cfg in the "Panel folder" which in my case has a line [window04] gauge00=;GPS_430_3D_P46T!GNS430_nc2, ... and more or less a repeat in [Vcockpit02] ? Also, must one delete all instances of GNS430, meaning to say all the lines in .cfg for the [window_xx] describing the 430?. Or are we talking about any one or more of those in the "Panel.cfg" folder i.e. panel_CAR.cfg, panel_XP.cfg etc.? I can mail you a copy of any of these if it helps. Much appreciated, thx.  Johan

Sorry to dig this all back up, but I have the same issue. I'm running into the fact that while I have found the .mem fix I do not have th erxpGnsSim/Nonvol folder anywhere in my system, and at this point I'm very confused as to where I could be.

Start by downloading a fresh copy of the GNS gauge and re-install it.

Bert