Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Unofficial ORBX Forum Teamspeak

Hey Mates,What do you think if we have a teamspeak for members who frequent this forum. We could just chat, or fly together or talk about anything at all. It seems to me that it might be a real suppliment for our community to bond friendships together and create opportunities for fun, walking members through computer repairs and rebuilds and generally just have fun. It could also serve as the basis of UOXFC, the Unofficial ORBX Flying Club. What say you boys and girls?Kind regards,

Sounds interesting - would be fun to hear what some of the familiar names/faces are really like!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

What about if we scheduled and set up multiplayer sessions in ORBX regions? Who might be interested?Kind regards,

What about if we scheduled and set up multiplayer sessions in ORBX regions? Who might be interested?Kind regards,
I've got a dedicated server. I would be more than happy to run it for everyone. :(

I'd be interested as well, though I've never tried FSX online before.

--John near KPAE

This is going to be exciting. Just setting it up into the kind of rooms that we want, so stay tuned! Thanks Ben but I think it should be a server dedicated to this forum.Kind regards,

Don't you need a separate copy of FSX to run a dedicated server?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hey Mates,What do you think if we have a teamspeak for members who frequent this forum. We could just chat, or fly together or talk about anything at all. It seems to me that it might be a real suppliment for our community to bond friendships together and create opportunities for fun, walking members through computer repairs and rebuilds and generally just have fun. It could also serve as the basis of UOXFC, the Unofficial ORBX Flying Club. What say you boys and girls?Kind regards,
Stephen, excellent idea. Hold off setting anything up. AVSIM needs a Team Speak system as well, and we can afford the larger number versions of the server. I just need to pass it through our staff so that everyone is on the same page before we set one up. Should not be more than a day or two.

I have never done anything like this before. Not sure how much I might use it. Was going to try a test with a couple of locals soon to see how this worked.It may be something worth trying.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Stephen, excellent idea. Hold off setting anything up. AVSIM needs a Team Speak system as well, and we can afford the larger number versions of the server. I just need to pass it through our staff so that everyone is on the same page before we set one up. Should not be more than a day or two.
Phew, just in time! I had gotten busy and did not have time to finalize the setup. Looking forward to the implementation!

I have never done anything like this before. Not sure how much I might use it. Was going to try a test with a couple of locals soon to see how this worked.It may be something worth trying.
The great thing about Teamspeak is that instead of reading crap, you can listen to people talking crap!And it'll probably be me, eh Stephen? :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I have immedially decided to revisit my decision to join teamspeak :(

Edited by bliksimpie

Okay, we are going to go for it. We'll bring online today a 50 person version. Stay tuned!