Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

If FLIGHT becomes a failure how will investing in DLC affect buyers?

The beta testing isn't over yet. The NDA remains in effect until Flight is released.
Where does it say that in the NDA - or is that something else you can't answer?
mgh will be another one of those serious "closet" users of Flight. :(
I've already publically stated my position on Flight.
I shall try it too Bill. It's free and if I find I don't like it I'll uninstal it and stay with FSX and have lost nothing.
Does that make me a "closet" user or was that just cheap jibe?

Where does it say that in the NDA - or is that something else you can't answer?
It doesn't. But what I wrote is a fact, whether you believe it or not.And there's a difference between "can't answer," and choosing not to answer.. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

It doesn't. But what I wrote is a fact, whether you believe it or not.
Then where does it say it if not in a "legal" agreement?
And there's a difference between "can't answer," and choosing not to answer..
If you expect to retain any credibility you can't refuse to to substatiate unsupported statements on the basis you don't chose to answer.

Then where does it say it if not in a "legal" agreement?If you expect to retain any credibility you can't refuse to to substatiate unsupported statements on the basis you don't chose to answer.
Where I come from, a person is taken at their word, until they have shown that their word is not any good.I don't lie. And I don't have to prove my credibility to you or to anyone else here. So get off my case and go bother someone else.

~ Arwen ~

mgh,I don't think Arwen's going to tell you what you want to hear. Why not just leave it at that and move on? She has her reasons for not telling you.There are far more pressing matters to ponder, like... the last WW I veteran died today at the age of 110 in Norfolk, England. Hard to believethere are no more survivors of "The Great War".Alan

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

But you are not "where you come from" . You are in an anonymous discussion forum where statements like "it must be true because I say so" are not blindly accepted and will, quite properly be challenged. If it were otherwise, there would be no point in these forums.You stated, first that Microsoft had broken the NDA and, second, that The NDA lasts until the release of Flight. However, in nether case are you prepared to provide any justification or supporting evidence.There's an obvious solution to this matter, why don't you take it?

Sorry to say this, but any Beta tester who is upset right now brought in on themselves. From the very beginning of the public beta until the very end there were simply hundreds of posts in the beta forums with 100% unrealistic requests and expectations especially given what it was OBVIOUS what FLIGHT was and wasn't going to be. Hell, most of the beta testers still believed that what they were testing was a "demo" and the "rest of the DLC" was being built and being made ready for the distant launch date. Then there was the "Beta Test" itself (oh we can have fun with that!)The fact is that when people want to BELIEVE in something badly enough, they stop THINKING and this is the result. I can and WILL go into specifics as soon as the NDA is lifted but I can say this in no uncertain terms: Those who went into the beta with a cynical eye got out of it exactly what they expected. As for me on Feb 29th I'll be somewhere over the North Atlantic at FL390 in FSX.Personally, I have to problem with Flight. I could care less about it and I uninstalled the Beta a month ago. But if it can get a few thousand non-aviation types interested in aviation then not only will this hobby be richer for it, but so will general aviation which can use all the new blood it can get. The trick is to stop trying to make Flight into something it is not, and was never meant to be and everything will be fine. All I know is that I don't envy Tom A and the Moderators the task before them on Feb 29th.

Mike, I did NOT bring any what MS did on myself. And I am NOT upset because of what the released version of Flight may or may not include.I'm upset because of the way the beta "testing" has been done, because of the fact that some MS suit has decided that Flight NEEDS to be released by the end of February, even if it is not ready to be released yet, and because of the way MS has recently been treating the Flight beta testers.

~ Arwen ~

Mike, I did NOT bring any what MS did on myself. And I am NOT upset because of what the released version of Flight may or may not include.I'm upset because of the way the beta "testing" has been done, because of the fact that some MS suit has decided that Flight NEEDS to be released by the end of February, even if it is not ready to be released yet, and because of the way MS has recently been treating the Flight beta testers.
Arwen,Please don't take offense that I tell you but what did you expected from a big society like MS ?Best Regards,Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Arwen, I always believed what you/we saw wasnt beta and never was intended to be. MS had Flights final release in mind some time ago. Their big gun paid /contracted testers all determined that. I certainly dont know that for a fact but it felt that way from the first glance and responses. I would say wierd but look who your dealing with. Their business model has always been more secretive than the CIA and KGB combined.

Arwen,it looks like the product we initially tested in the beta will also be the one (more or less) which will be released on 29FEB. From my experience during testing, the product was pretty much bug-free. Now you are referring to the lot of feature requests that have been voted throughout the beta but they are not really "bugs"...

Arwen,Please don't take offense that I tell you but what did you expected from a big society like MS ?Best Regards,Richard Portier
I didn't expect MS to be dishonest to their beta testers. Being part of a large/huge corporation does not give the individual members of that corporation a free pass to be deceitful.
Arwen, I always believed what you/we saw wasnt beta and never was intended to be. MS had Flights final release in mind some time ago. Their big gun paid /contracted testers all determined that. I certainly dont know that for a fact but it felt that way from the first glance and responses. I would say wierd but look who your dealing with. Their business model has always been more secretive than the CIA and KGB combined.
I'm not going there on this forum, as that would require going into details that would definitely be a breech of the NDA.
Arwen,it looks like the product we initially tested in the beta will also be the one (more or less) which will be released on 29FEB. From my experience during testing, the product was pretty much bug-free. Now you are referring to the lot of feature requests that have been voted throughout the beta but they are not really "bugs"...
The build of Flight that I am still testing is a LONG way from being bug-free. That's all I'm saying. Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

I suppose there's no point in asking how Microsoft was dishonest towards the beta testers? Is it because it didn't delay release because of public beta testers opinions?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.