Sign in to follow this  
EagleSkinner

Who may use P3D and for what purpose?

Please folks, forgive my apparent lack of understanding of forum rules, legal aspects and how to interpret an end user license agreement. I have only been an English native speaker for some 55 years or so of my 58.The very first paragraph of the license sets down the ruls of who may use this software and how and the very last clause of the sentence is: "....... and only for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment."In other words, they (Lokheed Martin) appear to be saying that users may not use this software at home for any form of recreational simulation of flight? We are being extended an invitation to buy a license for the simulation aspect, but we, the user, are not permitted to be entertained by the product.That does rather limit their user base AND it does seem to limit the rightness of any FSX supporter to use P3D - including all discussion fora, commercial, non-profit and freeware third party developers, student pilots who only want to fly for fun.After all - I would dare suggest that about the ONLY thing people here use any simulation software for is personal entertainment.

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

After all - I would dare suggest that about the ONLY thing people here use any simulation software for is personal entertainment.
You obviously know more about me than I know myself. I am one of those "people" and I would kindly ask you not to make any assumption as to how and why I use simulation software.P3D is a professional product and the EULA says clearly who can use it or not. If you can't use it, then don't. I don't see the problem. If you are uncertain only Lockheed Martin can give you the correct answers.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

If you are uncertain only Lockheed Martin can give you the correct answers.
Lockheed Martin will give the same answer as you did. They also don't allow talking about the EULA and if you have questions about it, they advice you to contact your lawyer!Topic closed... :( Edited by J van E

Apologies all round, especially to AVSIM staffers who will have to clean this up...

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel