Sign in to follow this  

Anybody in the Bay Area?

Hey Everybody!Anybody in the Bay Area... mainly Millbrae, Burlingame, San Bruno.. wake up to the traffic of SFO landing the 01s?? My house is RIGHT under the approach path for the "rare approach" for 01L and 01R.It is VERY awesome. Just wondering--Jeff M.

Guest jrewing

Hey Jeff,Monday sure was a wierd day for winds in the Bay Area. The winds were out of the East/Northeast at Oakland and the turbulence over the East Bay Hills was spirited, to say the least. On the way back from San Pablo Bay, my student and I were told to proceed straight in for runway 9 left - something I'd never gotten in visual conditions. It was strange crossing right over the Bay Bridge and the old Alameda NAS in clear, albeit bumpy skies. I suspect the residents of Alameda weren't thrilled with the traffic pattern.John

HI,,,im from the Bay....i live in San Jose(KSJC)...Javier CamposAvA-LaX/AAL251ZOA ARTCC/VATSIM

Does anyone have an approach plate for those runways. I have NEVER seen a landing coming in over those hills in my 12 years here in the Bay Area. I'd love to see the pattern and how they come in over the hills. Colin

Hey Colin!I don't beleive there are any charts... and you're right... it IS a VERY RARE approach. Where at in the Bay Area are you?The approach for 01R uses a backcourse approach. The 01L is total visual. -------------------------------------------------Jeff M.