Sign in to follow this  
GoombungeeSniper

How much realism would 3 DOF add to FSX or X-Plane

Hi all, I have a little workshop(or rather my folks do outside of Brisbane, I just concreted the floor recently) I also purchased drill press and tools at Farm Fest etc.There is a ton of RHS and other steel available for playing,, I welded straight for 2 weeks making thinhs for the farm before I moved to Brisbane and Im sure no one else is going to' have-at' all the surplus :) A few years ago I purchased windscreen wipers<-- naa, too small. Then I purchased hydraulic stuff off ebay<-- 'forget about it' I found some C# or VB software FSUIPC that allowed me to easily see what the plane was doing. I just had to write a simple frontend to that software for me to visually see the outputs. Too easy but Ive forgotten all that , what it was who wrote it etc. It was for MS 2004/FSX from memory. I have played around with micro-controllers from Parallax and Picaxe, the output of data would go to a microcontroller or two and they would activate 'something' for the movment.I guess i just want to build something. what has me reinterested is I finding linear actuators that are very affordable with 500mm travel with speed and power(90kilo load).Plus desiging and building the frame would be a hoot. However will this really add much to the experience I wonder. Is there a homebuilt moving sim in Bris that I could try out? Or what are the opinions of others .thankyou.[edit] I just found this, to save my poor head from working out gow to plan when or if the platform should actually move--> http://buggies.built...m/software.html

Edited by GoombungeeSniper