Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

AI Traffic Sound

I use FSHotSFX for FS9 and it works terrific. It really brings the airports alive with AI sound.However be warned that it only works with Windows XP and there is no more support for it. But I've never had an issue with it and you can always try the demo at KMDW.http://fshotseat.com/

Thank you, I will try.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hello WallysWorld,thanks again for this helpful advice. I tested FSHotFSX and decided to buy it when I heard the first SWA Boeing roaring into the skies of KMDW.Just observed an Everts DC-6 at PANC. Amazing!But I have one question: Why does this app change the line "atc_type=BOEING" in aircraft.cfg into something like "atc_type=BOeiNG"? Looks something strange.

Edited by GeyerH

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hello WallysWorld,thanks again for this helpful advice. I tested FSHotFSX and decided to buy it when I heard the first SWA Boeing roaring into the skies of KMDW.
AI traffic sounds can really make a busy airport immersive! (to anyone wondering) Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hello WallysWorld,thanks again for this helpful advice. I tested FSHotFSX and decided to buy it when I heard the first SWA Boeing roaring into the skies of KMDW.But I have one question: Why does this app change the line "atc_type=BOEING" in aircraft.cfg into something like "atc_type=BOeiNG"? Looks something strange.
The program adds that single line to every aircraft you have in your FS2004 aircraft folder. The program uses that line to distinguish what sound it should play for the aircraft: for example 737 compared to a Dash-8.One more thing: FSHotSFX does not work well with ATC addons like Radar Contact and Pro Flight Emulator because it changes a setting in FSUIPC. Myself, I only use FS2004's ATC so that I can use FSHotSFX.

I discovered this wonderful software some months ago....it really improved my fs9!!But I think my settings should be tweaked a little bit to improve the realism....could someone post his settings?Thanks

However, seems to work fine even with Yak-40, An-12, Il-62. I just spend my sunday afternoon listening at UAAA and UTDD.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

But I think my settings should be tweaked a little bit to improve the realism....could someone post his settings?
I would be interested in this, too. Is there any possibility to make AIBlast's sounds generally a little bit louder, especially at very near distances? If I'm, for instance, waiting in the queue at holding point and an AI plane takes off or lands, AIBlast's sound will mix with MS' AI sound.So far I have set Advanced AIBlast "enabled", Directional 3D "yes", Distance factor at "3" and Rolloff factor at "2".

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi, I run Vista 64bit. Any AI sound programs that will work?Thanks,Greg
Sorry Greg, I really don't know of any AI sounds programs that work with FS2004 and anything newer than XP.If you use FSX, there is the Flight 1's Audio Environment: Airliner Edition which adds sounds for AI planes in FSX only. I use it with my Windows 7 FSX setup and like it with MyTraffic X.

I would be interested in this, too. Is there any possibility to make AIBlast's sounds generally a little bit louder, especially at very near distances? If I'm, for instance, waiting in the queue at holding point and an AI plane takes off or lands, AIBlast's sound will mix with MS' AI sound.So far I have set Advanced AIBlast "enabled", Directional 3D "yes", Distance factor at "3" and Rolloff factor at "2".
At the end of this post are my own FSHotSFX settings that I've been using for a very long time.More FSHotSFX points:1) One quirk with FSHotSFX is that the touchdown sounds (the tire squeel) happens a second or two too early when a plane is landing. I've tried different settings to no avail so it's something we'll have to live with. The vast advantages of FSHotSFX far outweigh this minor point.2) There are some great user created sounds that can be used with FSHotSFX which can be found by searching here at the Avsim library by searching for FSHotSFX:27662973.jpg3) Run the Refresh AI Aircraft button every time you add new AI traffic to your FS2004 setup. The program will then add the proper lines to the new AI aircraft folders. I've also found that those lines the programs does add each of the AI's aircraft.cfg files will not interfere with FS2004 if you happen to uninstall FSHotSFX. They will do no harm.My FSHotSFX settings:The only tweak I've done recently is to increase the spoiler sound setting. Other sounds like gear, flaps, brakes and so on, I've turned off because either the plane I'm flying has those sounds or I just don't really some sounds like the Pushback Tug sound.10207143.jpg42946788.jpgI turned off the Tower flyby settings as these interfere with the use of the free addon Autower.21128343.jpg Edited by WallysWorld

1) One quirk with FSHotSFX is that the touchdown sounds (the tire squeel) happens a second or two too early when a plane is landing. I've tried different settings to no avail so it's something we'll have to live with. The vast advantages of FSHotSFX far outweigh this minor point.
This seems to be fixed by Calclassic's AI sounds, but I haven't tried it yet. It reads as if this only eliminates the wrong tire chirp and you have to include a new such effect by editing the aircraft.cfg file. Wouldn't be someone be so kindly to edit FSHotSFX's AIB_TD.wav, or isn't it that easy? Edited by GeyerH

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

It surprises me that no developer has, well, developed a program similar to FSHOTFX.The market would be huge, just about every Flightsimmer would purchase it, so..........Why?Obviously it can be done, so why has no developer had a "crack" at the holy grail of Flightsim?

There was a thread about asking another developer to work on this and many people posted their support. But I haven't heard anything for a while...Yes, my AI Sounds file includes a touchdown chirp that will sound just as the plane touches down. It's set up as an effect used in the touchdown= line in the Effects section. I just substitute a "silent" file for the AI Blast touchdown wav file to turn that off.BTW, my sounds include choices for reverse thrust after landing as well, for those that don't use FSHotSFX, or those that would prefer my sounds to theirs.Hope this helps,