Sign in to follow this  
Xiropillo

Real Cold & Dark state

Good morning everyone,I always start my 737 NGX flights from Cold & Dark situation but there are lights or bleed switches that I don't know if are correctly set.Does anyone know what changes should be done to predefined C&D state to get a real one?I wish to save it for adding reality to my flights although I do know that pilots are not used to find aircraft "sleeping".Thanks in advance and have a great day.Xiropillo

APU bleed off,engine bleeds onISOL valve Autopacks offlights off (position maybe either off or on)antiice, heaters, off,emer lights offfuel pumps offStby power either off or autoOn the -800 pilots often put the zone temp selector to off, but it is a nonsense as it will not turn the system off, so leave it on the last comfortable position.IRS offset the desired brightness of the display and save the panel state.If I missed something, ask me ;)

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Andrea,You forgot battery switch off blum.gifI would have said engine bleeds off rather than on. That way when you start the apu and open its bleed valve the isolation valve remains open and there's no DUAL BLEED caution.

ki9cAAb.jpg

In our company eng bleeds are always left to ON, the bleed will be phisically closed, the only difference is the dual bleed light, but depending on company procedures maybe left closed or open at shut down.Yes, I forgot the battery switch :D

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Thank you very much Andrea for your great info. Now i have real cold & dark state saved for adding realism (even more with this addon) in my flights.Best regards,Xiropillo

Yup engine bleeds are left on. Dont worry about the Dual bleed light as it will go away after you start up and get configured for taxi. I believe the restriction with that light is to remain at iddle power so you dont back pressure the APU bleed. For us, the emergency light will be off when we show up to the airplane. Everything else as Andrea said.

If this is the manual somewhere I apologize, but.... how do you save a panel state with the battery off (ie, no power for the FMS)?

It is in the intro manual, however, with aircraft OFF, just push and hold the MENU key on the CDU and it will turn back on with pmdg menu.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

It is in the intro manual, however, with aircraft OFF, just push and hold the MENU key on the CDU and it will turn back on with pmdg menu.
Thank you Andrea!

Good morning everyone,I always start my 737 NGX flights from Cold & Dark situation but there are lights or bleed switches that I don't know if are correctly set.Does anyone know what changes should be done to predefined C&D state to get a real one?I wish to save it for adding reality to my flights although I do know that pilots are not used to find aircraft "sleeping".Thanks in advance and have a great day.Xiropillo
Great question i was wondering to ask the same question. Edited by Daniel choen

Hm, well, I think the default cold and dark state is fine already... There is nothing on or off that ABSOLUTELY has to be on or off.

To reduce the workload and the possible errors (example in the Helios crash) if the switches are already in position when you turn the plane on, you will reduce the possibility of human errors.Obviously not all switches can be left ON or AUTO, but, when possible, is better to leave them in the normal position.This is for engine bleeds, an exception is the APU bleed wich must be OFF to prevent an overload of the APU when it is cold (you must wait a minute after start to give the bleed). Packs must also be OFF basically for the same reason, but also because can be not required on powerup.I missed 3 switches:ENG HYD both ON,Press. panel to AUTO.ATC/TCAS to OFFPS: as the logic of the EDP depressurizing is inverted from the ON OFF (solenoid powered when switch is OFF) it is always a good idea to leave the eng hyd pumps to on, this to prevent damage to the solenoid.

Edited by davierosoft

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Hi Andrea,would it be possible for you to send me the .fmc and.sav files after you save a good cold & dark panel?Best regards,Xiropillo

Hi Andrea,would it be possible for you to send me the .fmc and.sav files after you save a good cold & dark panel?Best regards,Xiropillo
me to(: