Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

What's the best of these?

Aerosoft's having a sale that includes a few products I've had my eye on, but I'm not sure which would be the best one to get. Out of these, which would you recommend? I'm mainly trying to choose between Antarctica X, Anchorage X, and the Twin Otter. The Twin Otter looks really good, but I don't have any addon scenery, and I've been wanting to start building up my scenery library. What do those of you that own these products think?Thanks,boeing247

Well, from that range. I believe Aerosoft is developing an upgraded version of the Twotter, which you can follow on their forums. Anchorage should only be chosen if you have a good system. From screenshots, Antarctica looks quite nice with lots of interesting scenery. I'm saying this from just a general knowledge of products, as I don't own any of these you have listed.

I have the Twin Otter. It was great when it was released but it is now rather dated in terms of VC quality. So I can't recommend it now.cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Since Aerosoft stated they would not give existing Twotter customers a discount when the new version is released, I would not go for the Twotter. Anchorage would be a very nice place in an interesting part of the world. Antarctica is exceptional and will keep you busy for months. Flights between the airfields can be long and sometimes a bit boring. It depends what you're looking for. If you're mostly into heavy metal, get PANC. If bushflying is your thing, go for Antartica.

Edited by fwerff

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

As an opposing viewpoint I find the Aerosoft Twin Otter an excellent add-on choice.Frame-friendly, a nice mix of steam gauges and modern avionics, the screaming growling turbines will rattle the windows, and you can land it just about anywhere! While the VC may be a bit dated I still find it to be immersive and well presented complete with 2d panel popups for certain instruments. And it is great fun to fly.Heck if its on sale the Aerosoft Beaver X remains a good one too.I fly both the Beaver and Twin Otter all the time.If you read the recent review of the Antarctica X package I think a version of the Twin Otter comes with it-I may be wrong on this and could probably use some clarification from someone who has it. It keeps tempting me but I don't really have a reason to fly in that area.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

I have the Twin Otter. It was great when it was released but it is now rather dated in terms of VC quality. So I can't recommend it now.cheers,Noel.
I too got the Twotter, and agree, it's VC is rather outdated, but as I got it very cheap,it's ok for short hops around the Scottish Islands.Just been to Aerosoft's site,no sign of any sale.

Since Aerosoft stated they would not give existing Twotter customers a discount when the new version is released, I would not go for the Twotter.Anchorage would be a very nice place in an interesting part of the world.Antarctica is exceptional and will keep you busy for months. Flights between the airfields can be long and sometimes a bit boring.It depends what you're looking for. If you're mostly into heavy metal, get PANC. If bushflying is your thing, go for Antartica.
I recall reading there will be a discount after the new version is released...

Ok well, will see when it's released... The twotter was one of my first addons, Haven't flown it for a while now...

Out of the three I would get Antartica because you get an Otter in there as well, so you would get nearly two of the three add-ons you want.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit