Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Finally Got it installed

(Note: my 3rd party FSX, has smooth instruments also)
I've purchased several 3rd party aircraft for FSX (a couple of planes from A2A, T-34 Mentor, MAAM B-25, etc) and none of them had instruments that are as smooth as XPX. The FSX engine just doesn't appear to update the gauges as often as XPX, no matter what aircraft you are flying. I think it's a fundamental difference in the underlying engines. I'm not saying FSX is bad, it's not. I still like FSX but I have not touched it since December 25. I did some flying in British Columbia last night with the float plane version of the Carenado 172II. It was amazing. At first it was all screwed up because the waves were set to 4ft high and they were tossing my plane all over the place. Once I figured out how to scale those babies back to 0.5 feet, all was good. I also like that you can control the direction and speed of the surface current. I don't think you can do that in FSX. I did several water takeoffs and landings in between the mountains and it was fantastic. I've done this in the FSX Beaver many times and have always enjoyed it, but it was just better in XPX. The water looked more realistic and the sky, clouds, and mountains all looked incredible. All the framerate was all around better than what I'm used to in FSX.

[

I've purchased several 3rd party aircraft for FSX (a couple of planes from A2A, T-34 Mentor, MAAM B-25, etc) and none of them had instruments that are as smooth as XPX. The FSX engine just doesn't appear to update the gauges as often as XPX, no matter what aircraft you are flying. I think it's a fundamental difference in the underlying engines. I'm not saying FSX is bad, it's not. I still like FSX but I have not touched it since December 25.I did some flying in British Columbia last night with the float plane version of the Carenado 172II. It was amazing. At first it was all screwed up because the waves were set to 4ft high and they were tossing my plane all over the place. Once I figured out how to scale those babies back to 0.5 feet, all was good. I also like that you can control the direction and speed of the surface current. I don't think you can do that in FSX. I did several water takeoffs and landings in between the mountains and it was fantastic. I've done this in the FSX Beaver many times and have always enjoyed it, but it was just better in XPX. The water looked more realistic and the sky, clouds, and mountains all looked incredible. All the framerate was all around better than what I'm used to in FSX.
If it isn't a RealAir product, or another that uses the technology, then the instruments will not update smoothly like XP. If it is, then they will.My opinion on these flight sims.....At this point, one version or another, is always going to do something more realistically. But as of now, NONE does everything better. Therefor, I have no plans to scrap one sim, infavor of another. That's why I take little relevance in "blanket" generalized statements from some people, in which it's a stated that sim (which ever) does all things better. Considering the whole world, and all the planes and systems within the world, it would be a monumental task. Therefor, I still use three sims............but much more prefer the real flights.L.Adamson Edited by LAdamson

I never said one sim does everything better than the other. That's obviously not the case. In truth, there is no perfect sim (at least not yet!) and no one sim is going to be right for everybody.For me and my own personal flying needs, XPX is now my preferred simulator of choice. It's definitely got room for improvement, but it is currently my preferred choice. I could not say the same thing about X-Plane 9. I tried it and used it occasionally (as well as X-Plane 8, 7, and 6 before it) but always seemed to enjoy FSX more. That's no longer the case for me. XPX is now what I like to fly. I'm not planning on uinstalling FSX anytime soon, but I can tell you that most of my flying is going to be in XPX from now on. I'm already considering my 2nd 3rd party aircraft purchase for X-Plane. I just have to figure out how to hide it from my wife as long as possible, lol.

I'm already considering my 2nd 3rd party aircraft purchase for X-Plane. I just have to figure out how to hide it from my wife as long as possible, lol
Tell her you had to upgrade the anti-virus software! :(

Tell her you had to upgrade the anti-virus software! :(
That would never work... I switched all of our computers to AVG Free a couple of years ago after she complained at how much Norton was costing us for 4 computers.

The only course now is to MAN UP! Show her who is boss! Keep in mind that I am good at giving advice, not so good at following it. :( After 46 years , you will know how that works.

A good 747-200 and -400 is coming.

Looked through the post, just insane Goran, hope to be a beta tester for it ;). Good luck

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Looked through the post, just insane Goran, hope to be a beta tester for it ;). Good luck

Thanks.

We'll put the call out as it gets close. I just had a dedicated programmer come on board recently, so everything is moving well and truly forward. Fortunately, he knows the 747-200 VERY well.

Having flown almost every flightsim produced since back in the 80s, I have finally made the switch to X-Plane 10. I had tried X-Plane 8 and 9 and had given up on both because of the sounds, scenery, lack of an intuitive interface, among things. Since Microsoft seems to have abandoned the software (I know, Flight is out there but tired me quickly - Aircraft without panels?), I tried X-Plane again. I find most things have not changed. The packaged aircraft are lacking. I found and downloaded a C-172 HD and it works much better. I have since bought the DC-3 package and the CRJ-200 (the sale made it almost a crime to deprive yourself of it). I have been impressed with the "off airport" scenery, but annoyed with the complete lack of scenery on the airports. I found WED and am a happy camper. It took a little while to master the complexity of the program (I am still having difficulty with taxiways and finding the appropriate buildings, etc.) but I am creating airports that look like what is actually there as opposed to the generic buildings presented in FSX/FS9... I am spending as much time building local airports as I am flying. I still have some problems figuring out the other things like no "hat switch" settings and such, but am consuming a lot of time.... grinning. This old man has found a new toy.

John Wingold

Welcome aboard. I too find myself redoing airports and things. Once you get to know a few of the tools and the various formats it can be quite quick to build up an airport to something like the original. Then I started looking around Planemaker, blew the dust off Blender and started building my own plane. It seems there is always something new to play with in Xplane.

Currently I'm back flying again (with the occasional airport rebuild).

Regards