Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Finally Got it installed

@doodelbugThx for sharing mate - I guess I'll just have to take the jump and fiddle around with it... It's not like it costs a mio bucks, and besides, I think that no one can argue against that this will be the sim of the future - be it in 2 years or 5 years.. Might as well get started ;)Mas

Guest HowardHughes
A good 747-200 and -400 is coming.
Is there a thread on this/preview screenshots etc?And while I'm at it can anyone remember who was doing the aircraft (possibly a DC3) with over a million polys - looked absolutely brilliant. It was modelled to the millimeter. And I realize that any shoddy project can have a million polys - but in this one it was flawless work. Edited by HowardHughes

Is there a thread on this/preview screenshots etc?
http://forums.x-pilo...ing-747-series/
And while I'm at it can anyone remember who was doing the aircraft (possibly a DC3) with over a million polys - looked absolutely brilliant. It was modelled to the millimeter. And I realize that any shoddy project can have a million polys - but in this one it was flawless work.
And that is my DC-3 you're asking about.Would I be right in assuming that you're surprised I'm responsible for bringing those projects to X Plane? blum.gif

Guest HowardHughes
http://forums.x-pilo...ing-747-series/And that is my DC-3 you're asking about.Would I be right in assuming that you're surprised I'm responsible for bringing those projects to X Plane? blum.gif
Not in the slightest, I've no doubt you're very talented. I have seen the DC3 you've recently posted a few screenshots for and it was impressive, as is the other work of yours I've seen.....but I'm afraid that's not the one I'm talking about. This one had a VC for a start.....I'm not sure if the 'DC3' memory is false. Edited by HowardHughes

Not in the slightest, I've no doubt you're very talented. I have seen the DC3 you've recently posted a few screenshots for and it was impressive, as is the other work of yours I've seen.....but I'm afraid that's not the one I'm talking about. This one had a VC for a start.....I'm not sure if the 'DC3' memory is false.
I'm fairly clued in to the happenings in X Plane. There is only one other add on in x plane with over 1 million polygons and that is the A380. My DC-3 has 1.3 million.Is this the VC you're talking about? If so, yes, it's mine.screenshot5ad.pngscreenshot1tc.pngMany apologies for the thread jacking!For further looks, please go to http://forums.x-pilo...5-douglas-dc-3/

Guest HowardHughes
I'm fairly clued in to the happenings in X Plane. There is only one other add on in x plane with over 1 million polygons and that is the A380. My DC-3 has 1.3 million.Is this the VC you're talking about? If so, yes, it's mine.screenshot5ad.png
Unless you have other VC photos then no - I've not seen that one before.I don't think it was on an X-plane forum - it might even have been on a modelling forums where the guy was just talking about how it was going to be for X-plane. It might just be one of those mysteries.This thing was so well modelled (and as a modeller I feel qualified to comment) that it just makes you stare in awe. Edited by HowardHughes

@GoranMAny luck on MortonMs Archer III, 3D cockpit??? :(

Unless you have other VC photos then no - I've not seen that one before.I don't think it was on an X-plane forum - it might even have been on a modelling forums where the guy was just talking about how it was going to be for X-plane. It might just be one of those mysteries.This thing was so well modelled (and as a modeller I feel qualified to comment) that it just makes you stare in awe.
I edited my post. See the new screenshot.The 3D forums you're talking about is 3DBuzz.com (http://www.3dbuzz.co...as-DC-3-hi-poly ) and yes, I posted these over there as well. My username over there is CaptainG37. And I have to say, regardless of our differences and debates, thank you for the compliment (Staring in awe!)I just see it as another mesh. But after looking at it every day for 9-10 months, that's pretty much how anyone would see it.If it's NOT the same model, then disregard the above posts.
@GoranMAny luck on MortonMs Archer III, 3D cockpit??? :(
Hi DonaldUnfortunately, not yet. I have started it but the DC-3 is taking up ALL my time. Typing up documentation is probably the most tedious part of making an add on. So I'm fine tuning the DC-3 and typing up the doc's at the same time. After it's out, I'll throw myself into the Piper. Morten has sent me a LOT of valuable diagrams on it.

GoranM,Thats has to be the most amazing looking VC ive seen! Amazing work!Rob

Hi DonaldUnfortunately, not yet. I have started it but the DC-3 is taking up ALL my time. Typing up documentation is probably the most tedious part of making an add on. So I'm fine tuning the DC-3 and typing up the doc's at the same time. After it's out, I'll throw myself into the Piper. Morten has sent me a LOT of valuable diagrams on it.
Fine Business@ Rob & HowardHughes,We have all been licking our lips in anticipation, of that DC3. I'm not sure if we should even talk to Goran, it might distract him from his work. :( Edited by wb5okj

GoranM,Thats has to be the most amazing looking VC ive seen! Amazing work!Rob
Thanks heaps Rob!! I cannot take all the credit. I do the modelling. I have a texturer who adds life to it. I've said it in another forum somewhere, I can't take credit for texturing it, but I will take credit for pushing him to get the look I want for it and for bringing him on when no one else would. I will pass on your comments to my dev partner.

nstrument smoothness is just a function of the modeller/programmer.
You are absolutely right, XP has some of the best programmers out there.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Thanks heaps Rob!! I cannot take all the credit. I do the modelling. I have a texturer who adds life to it. I've said it in another forum somewhere, I can't take credit for texturing it, but I will take credit for pushing him to get the look I want for it and for bringing him on when no one else would. I will pass on your comments to my dev partner.
Well, im a big fan of the DC3, so I be buying this one for sure! Im glad to see this in development.Rob

I will for sure get me on too!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Thanks Gents.Just to add and clear up, there IS another DC-3, actually, a C-47 (C-47 has some differences) that was made well over a year ago, very nicely modelled, but it had well over 3 million poly's, did NOT have a VC and it was NOT being made for X Plane.Can't remember the link.