Sign in to follow this  
ToniH

NGX problem with throttle

HiToday i try start first flight with 700 series NGX, but after the engine start and pushback the plane does not move anywhere.I set to Full throttle, only i hear the warning sound but plane does not move.I have this problem also in 800-900 series. Can you tell me how i can resolve this problem?All ground systems are removed after engine start.This is very annoying problem and id like to start soon my flights using NGX.Thank you.All the systems should be fine, i start flight from Cold&Dark.

Edited by ToniH

Toni Hiltunen,

Scenery Designer, Freeflow Beta Team

Prepar3d v5

System specs: "Gigabyte X570 Gaming X" = "Asus Geforce RTX 2070 8Gb Turbo" = "AMD Ryzen 5800X" = "Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3600 C18 DC - 16GB "

All ground thinks are removed, chokes too. :(

Does N1 go up when you increase the throttle?
Nothing happens. Maby i need reinstall all models again. I hope this will remove the issue.

Toni Hiltunen,

Prepar3d v5

System specs: "Gigabyte X570 Gaming X" = "Asus Geforce RTX 2070 8Gb Turbo" = "AMD Ryzen 5800X" = "Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3600 C18 DC - 16GB "

All ground thinks are removed, chokes too. :sad:Nothing happens. Maby i need reinstall all models again. I hope this will remove the issue.
Then I would say you should have a look at the correct engine start procedures. If you don't want to read the Operating Manuals, search for a Cold and Dark tutorial video on youtube. You might be doing something wrong. Probably with the bleeds, packs and isolation valve.

Ok, thanks i will try this tutorial video. I think i messed up whit the APU systems before engine start.

Toni Hiltunen,

Prepar3d v5

I tested this tutorial, nothing still happens.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX95TdEHH3c

Toni Hiltunen,

Prepar3d v5

Well, I don't think this tutorial is that accurate.Try this:From Cold and Dark:position lights -> steadyBattery onground power onemergency lights onrecirc fan(s) autoign switch to the righthyd pump B onpitot heat onwindows heat on (at least 10 minutes before take-off)yaw damper onfuel pumps onapu on"apu gen off bus" on -> both apu gen switches onall bleeds onall packs offisolation valve openseat belts to auto/onanti-collision lights onwhen duct pressure stabilizes, start knob 2 to grd positionmonitor engine 2 N2, when above 25%, lever upn1 stabilizesstart knob goes automatically to off positionclose the isolation valveright pack onignition selector to the leftstart knob 1 to grd positionN2 25% -> lever upwhen n1 stabilizes, ign switch to bothboth start switches to "cont" positionapu bleed offgen 1 and gen 2 onapu offisolation valve to autoleft pack onafter pushback: hyd pump A onAnd the IRS position should be copied from the second page (GPS L), not from the airfield coordinates.That's what I follow every single flight. Hope it helps.

Thanks your great Tutorial Caio, i will test NGX using yours procedures. I hope i finally can start flight using -700 series B737.

Toni Hiltunen,

Prepar3d v5

HiToday i try start first flight with 700 series NGX, but after the engine start and pushback the plane does not move anywhere.I set to Full throttle, only i hear the warning sound but plane does not move.I have this problem also in 800-900 series. Can you tell me how i can resolve this problem?All ground systems are removed after engine start.This is very annoying problem and id like to start soon my flights using NGX.Thank you.All the systems should be fine, i start flight from Cold&Dark.
Hi, Do you still see brakes warnings on your screen? If you see, check the dead zone and sensitiviy of the brake axis. It was happened to me as well after a system reinstall and found the clue in forums. I am away from my system, so, i can't tell the correct settings at the moment. But of this is the problem, then you may found them in the forum searching for brake release.Hope this helps,Suavi Akar

I think the issue is not brakes, cos if i pull Throttle tu Full. Nothing happens, RPM does not rise etc, only warning sound i hear.

Toni Hiltunen,

Prepar3d v5

I have had this problem in the past with a lot of add on planes. In my case it was always that during push back I had hit an AI plane, by disabling crash realism I no longer get the problem. So maybe the same thing is happening to you. Next time it happens if you go to an outside view, you can see if that is the case.

do you use AES, if so then ensure the TUG has actually released you. This will also have the same effect as brakes still on

I have Hotas Cougar and normally have have problems with the trottle going into reverse at idle on ground very easy. I use to recalibraite in fsx.But when I land and reverse I can't reverse, but sems to be able to when the plane is at slower speed.Annoying. Any Ideas?All the bestJens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark