Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

No click sound anymore

Hey guys,after a long periode of finest FSX flying I´m now suffering from a very bad problem: Sice yesterday evening I can´t fly FSX anymore cause the normal click sound, which should be played after a button has been pushed in the menu doesn´t come anymore and thus leading towards an apphang crash. In the past it sometimes took its time till that sound was played but this time I´ve waited for ten minutes but nothing happened and I had to delete FSX via the taskmanager which stated that FSX has stopped working.Can someone help me out?

Reset your FSX sound settings and do a repair install of FSX. A repair install won't remove and cfg tweaks or installed aircraft. It will just replace essentials files.Aaron G.

Reset your FSX sound settings and do a repair install of FSX. A repair install won't remove and cfg tweaks or installed aircraft. It will just replace essentials files.Aaron G.
Do I have to install sp1 and 2 again if I make an repair of FSX?

Guest jahman

Please post your CTD details so we can take a look.Cheers,- jahman.

Please post your CTD details so we can take a look.Cheers,- jahman
I deleted the FSX.cfg and let it do a new one. So far the click sound is working on trhe menu tabs when I´m switching from settings to free flight and so on. The real problem is now that when I click on any button in the free flight section, so sound will be played and it won´t do anything. I can choose a plane but as soon as I click on ok, FSX will do nothing and I have to shut it down via the taskmanager. Also if I click on "fly now", the loading screen will appear but it won´t load anything.