Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

NGX and Aivlasoft EFB flightplans

Hi all,I'm flying the NGX using Aivlasofts EFB to do my flightplanning and VoxATC6 for the ATC. I seem to be having a little problem though with a SID, and I wonder if anyone can help? (It's probably something daft I'm doing or not doing but I can't figure it out!) ((Also the VoxATC is not important here i just used it in this case to determine the active runway))I'm trying to recreate a Ryanair 738 flight from Liverpool EGGP to Shannon EINN. I created the flightplan in EFB and exported in in 3 formats, first the EFB format, second the standard .pln format for an IFR FSX flight and third as PMDG .rte file so I could load the flightplan as a co route within the FMC. So far, so good! See the 'WAL2V track Aivlasoft EFB.jpg' screenshot for the created track, clearly showing using runway 09 followed by a 180 turn to the left to intercept the the Wallasey 277 radial.I started FSX with the IFR flightplan loaded, immediately started VoxATC and powered up the NGX. Went through the usual routine of APU start, ILS alignment etc etc, then started entering in the flight into the CDU. As I loaded up the company route saved from EFB and activated it in the CDU you can see from the screenshot 'efb flightplan WAL2V EGGP loaded as co route into ngx.jpg' the purple track on the nav display shows exactly the same as the EFB screenshot. Great!However, the WAL2V SID was not shown as selected within the CDU, so....I went to the ARR/DEP page and selected runway 09, and WAL2V SID in the CDU as the departure. As you can see from the second screenshot 'efb flightplan WAL2V EGGP loaded as co route into ngx then WAL2V selected in FMC(2).jpg' the nav display now shows a dotted white line added which the FMC clearly thinks is the route it should follow for that newly selected WAL2V departure from EGGP, and it's not the same as in the EFB flightplan!?Both EFB and the NGX's navdata are from Airac cycle 1201 so there should be no conflict there.Why do two SIDs from the same Airac cycle show different tracks in EFB and the NGX?Thanks for any help or enlightenment you can pass my way! :)Kevin

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Kevin,The dotted line means the modified route has not been executed.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Kevin,Same result overhere. EFB is showing the correct SID. (according to the AIP)I tried loading it in the PMDG FMC with a previous airac but the outcome was the same. Maybe there is something wrong with the navdata in the pmdg airac.

Edited by joostdewit

Do a screenshot of the SID procedure.

Best Regards,

Hi gents did I read something a while ago about not creating coroutes with Sid/Stars in them you should do them via the CDU only, just export the route to ngx without SID/STARS.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Hi all,I'm flying the NGX using Aivlasofts EFB to do my flightplanning and VoxATC6 for the ATC. I seem to be having a little problem though with a SID, and I wonder if anyone can help? (It's probably something daft I'm doing or not doing but I can't figure it out!) ((Also the VoxATC is not important here i just used it in this case to determine the active runway))I'm trying to recreate a Ryanair 738 flight from Liverpool EGGP to Shannon EINN. I created the flightplan in EFB and exported in in 3 formats, first the EFB format, second the standard .pln format for an IFR FSX flight and third as PMDG .rte file so I could load the flightplan as a co route within the FMC. So far, so good! See the 'WAL2V track Aivlasoft EFB.jpg' screenshot for the created track, clearly showing using runway 09 followed by a 180 turn to the left to intercept the the Wallasey 277 radial.I started FSX with the IFR flightplan loaded, immediately started VoxATC and powered up the NGX. Went through the usual routine of APU start, ILS alignment etc etc, then started entering in the flight into the CDU. As I loaded up the company route saved from EFB and activated it in the CDU you can see from the screenshot 'efb flightplan WAL2V EGGP loaded as co route into ngx.jpg' the purple track on the nav display shows exactly the same as the EFB screenshot. Great!However, the WAL2V SID was not shown as selected within the CDU, so....I went to the ARR/DEP page and selected runway 09, and WAL2V SID in the CDU as the departure. As you can see from the second screenshot 'efb flightplan WAL2V EGGP loaded as co route into ngx then WAL2V selected in FMC(2).jpg' the nav display now shows a dotted white line added which the FMC clearly thinks is the route it should follow for that newly selected WAL2V departure from EGGP, and it's not the same as in the EFB flightplan!?Both EFB and the NGX's navdata are from Airac cycle 1201 so there should be no conflict there.Why do two SIDs from the same Airac cycle show different tracks in EFB and the NGX?Thanks for any help or enlightenment you can pass my way! :)Kevin
Are you looking at a rwy 9 SID with your aircraft current rwy hdg 270?CO route should not contain SID/STAR form other flight planning software routes .. just use FMC for SID/STAR data entry .. just for info. Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

I do not want to hijack this topic since I'am not the OP but...

Do a screenshot of the SID procedure.
The one in the AIP ?
Hi gents did I read something a while ago about not creating coroutes with Sid/Stars in them you should do them via the CDU only, just export the route to ngx without SID/STARS.
The result is the same when you manually enter the route in the FMC
Are you looking at a rwy 9 SID with your aircraft current rwy hdg 270?CO route should not contain SID/STAR form other flight planning software routes .. just use FMC for SID/STAR data entry .. just for info.
The outcome is the same...;))

Thanks all,In answer to all posts..vonmar - yes I know the dotted line means its not been executed I just showed that in the screenshot to demonstrate the difference in tracks between the EFB and NGX WAL2V tracks. Sorry if that wasnt clear from the OP.megs8888 - I'm easy about which one I use I can fly either depending on whether I use the SID in the co route or not - just baffled why the two tracks for the same SID are different!?vonmar - The a/c is facing 270 but actually on stand 51 at EGGP ready to taxi to 09 :) I can happily leave the SID out of the co route, but still foxed by why the two seem to be different when they're based on the same navdata!?Cheerskevin

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

xaP1VAU.png

I'd agree with the previous post, there is a small error in the Navigraph data for PMDG... I've had incorrect turns before a couple of times at other airports..In my opinion the first waypoint after takeoff... I-LVR (D1) has got a right hand turn tag where clearly it should be a tagged for a left hand turn, that's the only problem... I would report it as an error on the navigraph forum so they can change it on the next airac cycleCheersSteve

Joost de Wit,I wanted to see the current paper SID (screenshot)?

Thanks all,In answer to all posts..vonmar - yes I know the dotted line means its not been executed I just showed that in the screenshot to demonstrate the difference in tracks between the EFB and NGX WAL2V tracks. Sorry if that wasnt clear from the OP.megs8888 - I'm easy about which one I use I can fly either depending on whether I use the SID in the co route or not - just baffled why the two tracks for the same SID are different!?vonmar - The a/c is facing 270 but actually on stand 51 at EGGP ready to taxi to 09 :) I can happily leave the SID out of the co route, but still foxed by why the two seem to be different when they're based on the same navdata!?Cheerskevin
Ok,I will go load it and see what is displayed.

Best Regards,

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-84FA845331BD2BC65A54C460E17483E0/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGGP_6-4_en_2010-07-29.pdfClearly shows the EFB track to be correct, as stated previously must mean there is an error in the PMDG data? Thanks :)

xaP1VAU.png

This is what I see:Navigraph SID : SID WAL2V RNW 09 FIX OVERFLY DME01 AT OR ABOVE 580 HDG 322 INTERCEPT RADIAL 277 TO FIX WAL FIX WAL AT OR BELOW 4000 AT OR ABOVE 2500Edited:RW9 is on the 090 (radial) side of VOR WAL ... Looks like PMDG magenta line is not on SID HDG 322.I have not flown it to confirm which way PMGD actually turns but the intercept heading is 322 in Navigraph.So, it looks like PMDG is trying to use INT C HDG as a radial.322 - 180 = 142142 - 90 (rwy hdg) = 52 shortest turn direction/distange (arc).

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

This is without the intercept heading:

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

I also use Aivlasoft EFB, but since SP1B you cannot load a co route into the NGX containing SID/STARS. These have to be manually entered into the NGX FMC manually.I produce a flight plan using whatever flight planner through EFB "excuding any SIDS STARS. I then save that flight plan in .rte format to my appropriate PMDG folder. After doing this i modify this flight plan in EFB to add the SID and if desired ahead of time, you can add the Star you want. Then i save this modified FP in .pln to my FSX folder.iI then fire up my NGX and load the .rte CO route file into the FMC and select my SID and if desired, STAR and then finally open up my route in the EFB display and edit if necessary, any part of the plan that differs from the EFB flight plan so that all are the same.Works for me and then NGX and your ATC (RC4/VOXATC etc.) and EFB are on the same page.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Here I changed the SID HDG/intercept just to see:SID WAL2V RNW 09 FIX OVERFLY DME01 AT OR ABOVE 580 HDG 170 INTERCEPT RADIAL 142 TO FIX WAL FIX WAL AT OR BELOW 4000 AT OR ABOVE 2500

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,