Sign in to follow this  
TiggCJ

Flight Unlimited 3 Problem

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this and this is my first post, yey! I've had this problem for some while now in Flight Unlimited 3 and it is quite annoying! When I land/touch down on the runway, after a few seconds of rolling, doing landing procedures the simulator shuts down coming up with a box saying "Flight Unlimited 3 has encountered a problem... Please tell Microsoft about this" etc. There are three options: DebugSend Error Report Don't SendI usually click on 'Don't Send' and it returns to the main screen of my settings. I usually open the simulator up again and carry on, until it shuts down on landing again! I have clicked on 'Send Error Report' and 'Debug' buttons but nothing has been done to sort it out and it takes longer to close anyway if I click them! It sometimes carries on and I do another flight and it shuts down second time round. I remember going on the FU3 Editor once and doing a few things and after that the problem started. Could the problem have come from that?HELP! Kind regards, TiggCJ

Hello Everyone,I'm new to this and this is my first post, yey!I've had this problem for some while now in Flight Unlimited 3 and it is quite annoying!When I land/touch down on the runway, after a few seconds of rolling, doing landing procedures the simulator shuts down coming up with a box saying "Flight Unlimited 3 has encountered a problem... Please tell Microsoft about this" etc.There are three options:DebugSend Error Report Don't SendI usually click on 'Don't Send' and it returns to the main screen of my settings. I usually open the simulator up again and carry on, until it shuts down on landing again! I have clicked on 'Send Error Report' and 'Debug' buttons but nothing has been done to sort it out and it takes longer to close anyway if I click them! It sometimes carries on and I do another flight and it shuts down second time round. I remember going on the FU3 Editor once and doing a few things and after that the problem started. Could the problem have come from that?HELP! Kind regards,TiggCJ
G'day TiggCJ,Firstly a warm welcome to the Fly! II forum. Many years ago I used to fly Flight Unlimited and it was a very good simulator in it's day. But time waits for no man (or flight simulator) and it's now getting a bit long in the tooth. There has been quite a few re-incarnations of microsoft's operating systems and without updating of the flight simulator program then small bugs are bound to start manifesting themselves. I used to get this message screen every time I exited the Fly! II flight simulator program. Since it was on exit it was no real pain and I just got used to it. Don't waste your time pressing <send>. I don't think Microsoft are going to be too worried about your problem, I'm using Microsoft XP professional 32 bit operating system which is no longer supported by Microsoft.Your post gives the impression that initially the program worked just fine. If that's the case then the best advice I can give is to do a complete new re-install of Flight Unlimited. Make sure that you save any add-ons you may have accumulated and COMPLETEY uninstall the old program first before re-installing.Then re-install any add-ons you have one by one and check that it is not an add-on that is giving you grief.The same advice applies to making any changes in the FU Editor. Do them one at a time and fly the simulator and check for any problems.Sorry I can't be of more assistance. Let us know how you get on.PS. Just did a search of Avsim forums. There is a Flight unlimited forum hidden down near the bottom. I'm sure you will find much more Knowledgeable people on the subject of Flight Unlimited.Hope this helps.Other Forums Other Flight simulation Software The Flight Unlimited Series The Propilot Forum Combat Flight Sims Helicopter and Rotorhead Forum Orbiter and Space Sims The Flight Gear Forum Edited by Roger Mazengarb

Hi there Roger, Thank you, very helpful indeed! Yes. Your impression that the program started off fine is correct. I think I will have to re-install it. One thing, I don't know if your knowledgeable on legal things, but if I were to re-install it, would I have to get (well, buy I suppose!) another pack? I only ask this because it usually says when installing a program "any copying or illegal distribution of this could mean punishment" etc. Because the install disc has already been used when I first installed it, I thought maybe this goes for re-installing too...! Thanks again,TiggCJ

Guest Spanner707

Hi TiggCJ,If you have the original installation CD's then no worries, you aren't violating copyright re-installing provided you only have the program installed on one computer. You are not allowed to have the program installed on two computers simultaneously.At one stage I think Microsoft made online activation necessary for some of their programs and applied a limit to the number of activations they would allow the end user. This was not very popular.If you are in doubt check out the end user license agreement ( EULA ) on the Flight Unlimited install CD.

Hi Roger Thank you. Most helpful indeed! If I un-installed it from one computer and re-installed it on another computer (meaning I only have it on one, so like a transfer) would that be OK? Take care, TiggCJ

Hi RogerThank you. Most helpful indeed! If I un-installed it from one computer and re-installed it on another computer (meaning I only have it on one, so like a transfer) would that be OK?Take care,TiggCJ
G'day TiggCJ,Yes that's the interpretation I've applied to all my sim programs." Please read this License Agreement before installing this software. By installing this software, you indicate your acceptance of thisLicense Agreement.LICENSE RIGHTS AND RESTRICTION. Terminal Reality Inc. grants to youthe non-exclusive, non-assignable right to use the Fly! II software"Software" in object code form on a maximum of one (1) computer systemsolely for your internal use and personal enjoyment. The Software shallnot be copied or used for any other purpose."The above is an extract from the Fly! II software license agreement. My interpretation of that is that I am free to install and use the software on any computer I own but can only have it installed and ready to use on one computer system. The anti piracy police haven't yet come knocking on my door.Again check the license agreement for Flight Unlimited. The exact wording may be a little less vague than the Fly! II agreement.Because Fly! II doesn't use the registry you can install Fly! II to a USB memory stick and transfer it from computer to computer, but at any given moment in time you only have the program installed ready for use on one computer.As I interpret the EULA for Fly! II I can see no objection to having two installations on the one computer. Indeed I have done this when making an aircraft for Fly! II when it's nice to have a clean installation with only the files needed for the aircraft you are making.Making two installations of the program on different computers however is a definite No No.

Hi TiggCJ,I still Fly FU 3, and as Roger said, you are bound to come across bugs from time to time because of the age of the sim.I had a similar problem to yours , and traced it to an add-on [ I can't remember which one now].Try Roger's suggestion, and do check out the Flight Unlimited forum on here- there is a wealth of information in it !Regards............Stuart

Dear Roger and Stuart, Thank you both, you've been most helpful! One more question, where about is the Flight Unlimited (I guess all three versions) forum? I will have a look though! Kind regards, TiggCJ

Dear Roger and Stuart,Thank you both, you've been most helpful! One more question, where about is the Flight Unlimited (I guess all three versions) forum? I will have a look though!Kind regards,TiggCJ
Glad to be of assistance. Click on the link to take you straight to the Flight Unlimited Series Forum.http://forum.avsim.net/forum/130-the-flight-unlimited-series/If the link fails you can manually go to the forum by going to the Avsim Forums contents page and scroll down nearly to the end where you will see " Other Forums " Under that heading is a sub group " Other flight simulator Software " The Flight Unlimited Series forum is the first forum in this sub group. Simply click on Flight Unlimited Series and that will take you to the forum.Happy simming