Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

MS Flight, Racing Games, Golf Games, and Other Comments

I opted to buy the xbox to play Tiger Woods PGA Golf 12 on it for two reasons, the online game that EA had was in a fast decline, the online arena is slow to develop, they finally now got smart and put the Tiger Woods PGA 13 on the Xbox also with Kinect Engine.I also have the highly sucessful Forza 4 Racing games which was developed by Turn 10 Studios along with Microsoft Studios, looks like they should learn from how well this game is going. As a note Forza 4 has a much more releastic DLC model than MS Flight will have. For instance Forza 4 offered a Season pass where we got 10 new cars per month for 6 months for 29.99, about 5.00 per DLC that is about .50 cents per car. Now Ms Flight wants $20.00 for the rest of Hawaii, $15.00 for the Maule Orion and $8.00 for the P-51. Now that is $43.00 and we have not left Hawaii. Of course that will work if all we want to do is play all over Hawaii. My guess is that it will not work. Suppose I want to fly over Florida, another $29.99?I believe that MS missed a good bet by not porting FSX over to the Xbox, imagine how much better that would be. You could easily have sold it for $100.00 and gotten new xbox buyers, and new xbox live gold members. Of course I am not a CEO or marketing genius. I just use what is in small supply now, it is called "common sense". I want to add that MS Kinect is tailor made for KINECT.Just my Thoughts, Don't flame me, but please comment.Dan

Honestly, the Flight DLC prices likely will get changed. I think that they are seeing how the initial DLC sells and then they will decide how to price products coming in the future.

Guest jahman
I believe that MS missed a good bet by not porting FSX over to the Xbox
That they haven't ported FLight to the Xbox yet doesn't mean they never will.I would think they have their hands full launching Flight and don't have the resources available to pursue all avenues right off the bat.Cheers,- jahman.

I believe that MS missed a good bet by not porting FSX over to the Xbox, imagine how much better that would be.
FSX could not possibly be ported over to that platform. XBox360 simply doesn't have nearly enough horsepower to run it...With the new modular design of Flight, it may be possible for the next generation of XBox, but I don't really see them doing so.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Oh damn, my Ferrari thread was removed :( Anyway I suggest that Microsoft should think about adding also cars and boats to Flight, that would make whole thing very much more interesting to me. You could drive from your home with Ferrari to your Cessna and start flying, that would be awesome.

Well, I would be interested to know why your Ferrari thread was removed....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yeah, the current prices are unreasonably high, as I suspected they would be. Best of all, they aren't even selling "New" content yet really. All that stuff they are selling (aside from missions I assume) is all stuff that was already in FSX+Acceleration. They just cut up FSX and are now selling it back to you in pieces so they can make 6 million dollars from each person they pillage instead of 50.lol! Microsloth rules.

Edited by Johnny Thunder

Yeah, the current prices are unreasonably high, as I suspected they would be. Best of all, they aren't even selling "New" content yet really. All that stuff they are selling (aside from missions I assume) is all stuff that was already in FSX+Acceleration. They just cut up FSX and are now selling it back to you in pieces so they can make 6 million dollars from each person they pillage instead of 50.lol! Microsloth rules.
this post is so full of wrong, that i'm just going to respond with a picture.3UVay.gif

Guest jahman
With the new modular design of Flight, it may be possible for the next generation of XBox, .
. Yes, that's what I meant. Hardware is always a moving target.
but I don't really see them doing so.
That we really don't know.Cheers,- jahman. Edited by jahman

With the new modular design of Flight, it may be possible for the next generation of XBox, but I don't really see them doing so.
They said clearly that with this release of Flight, we would not see any other platforms supported besides PC.

this post is so full of wrong, that i'm just going to respond with a picture.
It's not that wrong. I wouldn't pay $15 for the Maule. Microsoft is failing again at giving the target audience what they want. I would have released the F-18 as DLC first.

It's not that wrong. I wouldn't pay $15 for the Maule. Microsoft is failing again at giving the target audience what they want. I would have released the F-18 as DLC first.
No, the aircraft aren't ports of FSX and the engine is not tweaked FSX<----so full of wrong it's not even funny.What you will, or will not pay, isn't my problem and i really couldn't care less.

FSX could not possibly be ported over to that platform. XBox360 simply doesn't have nearly enough horsepower to run it...With the new modular design of Flight, it may be possible for the next generation of XBox, but I don't really see them doing so.
Just a comment on that:European Xbox boss Chris Lewis said: - "Our heritage is on PC. Microsoft would never dream of exiting the PC games space. So it's great to be here to talk about Microsoft Flight. PC is a critical platform for us. So be able to bring these games into a new decade is just fabulous to us."

They said clearly that with this release of Flight, we would not see any other platforms supported besides PC.
I also quite clearly was speaking of the technical possibility for the future X-Box hardware, not the marketing sense of doing so. I also highly doubt that MS will ever do so... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What you will, or will not pay, isn't my problem and i really couldn't care less.
At last, someone who actually uses the correct terminology!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.