Sign in to follow this  
Bartbear

This doesn't look promissing ...

Guest jahman
And pigs might fly.
Always mean retorts from your corner.Cheers,- jahman.

The real downfall in this system is that developers would be subject to considerations outside of just whether it works and installs correctly. Apple is a great example of this; they love to boast about what a safe, rich, stable environment it creates, but it also stifles and shuts down developers who might create a piece of software that competes, flat out outdoes, or might someday compete in the future with an Apple app. Hence, the software is refused, etc.
I have an iPhone and I use a lot of apps that are better than the Apple default apps, or other Apple apps. I honestly don't see this being problem on the iPhone. I have some great apps for mine, such as Camera +, Vlingo, DocumentsToGo, Skyfire, DragonDictation, SpeakIt, TuneIn Radio, Weather + and more. Also, you are allowed to use the SDK and submit apps.There is already a precedent for successful DLC which I have referred to. Railworks 3. I recently bought a DLC package called Woodhead Route and have since modified it so that one of the stations and surrounding scenery on the route is more accurate. Anyone can produce and submit DLC, and the software is open for manual editing.Rail Simulator is an excellent program.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.