Sign in to follow this  
nocaltom

Path file access error

Hello, i,m trying to use RC4 with a flight plan from fs commander. It will work fine unless I try and select a runway in the controller info page. Then i get this error path/file access error ( run time error 75) I run as admin and have no anti virus on.Thoughts?Thanks,Tom Davis

Edited by nocaltom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

did you start rc as admin? right mouse click the .exe or shortcut, and click run as admin?have you clicked the .flt/.wx button, and entered the path where the .flt and .wx files are stored?jd

JD, I have started as admin and I had no path for .flt and .wx files. Where should they go? I put this as a path, E:flight simulator xFlightsother and still same result. I have fsx and rc4 on c:/ drive and fsx on e:/ drive.Tom

Edited by nocaltom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

The flt/wxr path is under your My Documents folder. For FSX it is Flight Simulator X Files and for FS9 it is Flight Simulator Files. It is NOT the path to FS9 or FSX as used in the scenery rebuild.Here's an example that you would browse to in setting it:"C:Documents and SettingsRon GinsbergMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files" or"C:Documents and SettingsRon GinsbergMy DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files"Also note that if you cancel out of browsing to that path it in setting it up it could corrupt the rcv3.dat file requiring an RC reinstall. At least it did with me. I suggest you make a safe copy of that file called rcv3.dat in a folder outside of RC along with a safe copy of keyboard.dat once you have it straightened out. Copying rcv3.dat back to the RC folder could avoid the need for a reinstall. If you need to reinstall after you do it you can use those backups to restore your paths, options, and registration. As long as you have not reformatted your HD or moved the RC location or moved to another pc, the registration should stick.It also should be noted that the path that you loaded for your last .pln file is recalled from that file as well and the .pln window should start from that point.

Edited by ronzie

Tried everything still no joy will re install.

Thanks for trying

Tom Davis

UAL440.png

Did you go through this thread?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/100174-error-75-radar-contact-and-kapersky-and-norton/

That is not just antivirus but firewall settings as well.

Also be sure your files and folder and your rcv4 or rcv4x folder are/is not read only attributes.

What do you get in the runway dropdown?

Time for a log. Load RC and click debug. Use the default log name or add something after rcv4 to make it a unique name. Proceed to set up your controller page. It will take a few seconds to log. Then set up a flight from the same airport with the aircraft loaded into FS parked or whatever but with the aircraft active and start RC if you get that far. Try a default airport. If FS and RC are still running than alt-tab to get to the RC screen and quit it. Then you can quit FS. See the pinned topic on sending in a log.

Some people have reported various problems with FSC .pln files. To insure that is not related try creating a simple .pln using the FS planner.

have you changed any of the files in the \data directory of rc?

have you clicked the "rebuild rc scenery database" button in the rc main screen?

is there a r4.csv file in the \data directory? an a4.csv?

does this happen on every airport, or just this one?

where did the .pln file come from? what program generated it?

look in rcv4 or rcv4x \data folder. The right click on r4.csv and select properties. It should be about 4.5 MB very roughly and will vary depending on your airport scenery The modified date should be the date ime of your last scenery rebuild. a4.csv is built from that and should roughly be 1 MB is size with a very close date ime stamp.

Can you paste a copy of your .pln file (open it using notepad or wordpad) from flight sim commander in a reply here? That way it might be tested.

OK I feel like a idiot but I fixed the problem.I made flight plans using FSC and I had them on a networked computer. The problem would occur because I was pulling plan off the networked computer, but when I moved plan to My documents folder on my main cpu it worked fine. So thanks again for helping me out on this now I can start using RC4 again :Peace:

Tom Davis

UAL440.png