Sign in to follow this  
GigiUSA

Out of Memory Error in FSX with Win7x64

Hello,I apologize if this has been previously discussed here (at least in Google there are tons of non-helpful/non-practical discussions in this regard). Recently I put together a new rig (first time!) dedicated to FSX and installed my add-ons. It has been working fine until I visit certain add-on airports (FSDT KLAS and BP KSFO) (flying the 737NGX). When I am in final app or taxing to the gate suddenly there is a OOM error and it advices to reduce the settings in FSX. There is no consistency in the advice from the "FSX gurus", some said that modifying the pagefile should help (I have it set to 3072-3072 as advised by NickN), some others even say that there is no other option but to reduce the graphic sets since there is nothing you can do about this. I followed carefully the installation indications that NickN gives for Windows and FSX, and my FSX.CFG has been tweaked per ******* Altive's website.I would like to know if anyone has encountered this can of errors and know of any fix for it or maybe a good reliable reference to read. Thanks a lot!My specs:Win7 x64FSX AccelerationMOBO: ASUS P8Z68-V-LECPU: I5 2500K OC@ 4.5RAM: Corsair 8GBGPU: GTX560TiCooling: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EvoHHD: SSD dedicated to OS; Seagate 500MB with an exclusive partition for FSXPSU: Corsair TX650WAdd ons:PMDG 737-800 NGX and -600 -700LD-767GEX USA-CanadaUltimate traffic 2AS2012TextMax load editor @ 4026FSDT: GEX, KLAS, KJFK, ZurichAerosoft: FDC live cockpit, Madrid, Munich, Frankfort, London, Fly tampa: TPA, BOSUS cities X: Las Vegas

Post your fsx.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml and your version of FSUIPC.

Guest jahman

Also post your crash log.For starters, an easy thing to try is to progressively reduce your LOD radius until you no longer get your OOM.Cheers,- jahman.

Hello, thanks for your responses. Here are the requested files:FSX: // This file was tweaked on Jan 26, 2012 at 05:47 GMT using Bojote's automated FSX Tweaking & Tuning Service// Your 'original' fsx.CFG file was backed up at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx/dc818435fc4ddd7efbdbc66d09e8db25/backup/fsx_backup.cfg// This file is optimized as follows: 4 core(s), CPU speed 3, HT 0, GPU 4, PREF 2// You can visit Bojote's FSX Tweaking & Tuning service at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html[bufferPools]poolsize=200000000[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[sOUND]AmbientUI=0AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}SOUND=1SOUND_LOD=1SOUND_QUALITY=2UISound=1VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}SOUND_FADER1=0.500000SOUND_FADER2=0.500000SOUND_FADER3=0.500000SOUND_FADER4=0.500000AmbientUIMusic=FSX01[slewTextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2[AContain]LabelColor=FFFF0000LabelDelay=1000ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelHeading=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabels=0ShowUserLabel=0[ATC]AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=0COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BPilotVoice=0ShowATCText=0UsePilotVoice=0[TextInfo.1]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[AccelerationPack]ControlsFirstRun=0HomePageFirstRun=0[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=1MEASURE=0[CONTROLS]Controls_Current=StandardControls_Default=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64[FACILITIES]CITY=COUNTRY=GTL_BUTTON=1361STATE=[TextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1FuelPercentage=2,4GForce=2,3Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[GRAPHICS]AC_SELF_SHADOW=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1ALLOW_SHADER_30=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1D3D10=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2ForceFullScreenVSync=1ForceWindowedVSync=1GROUND_SHADOWS=0HIGHMEMFIX=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0LANDING_LIGHTS=1NUM_LIGHTS=8See_Self=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096TEXTURE_QUALITY=3Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672[TrafficManager]AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3AirlineDensity=50FreewayDensity=6GADensity=4IFROnly=0LeisureBoatsDensity=10ShipsAndFerriesDensity=17[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti.0]Mode=1920x1080x32TriLinear=1[DynamicHeadMovement]HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000[REALISM]AllowEngineDamage=FalseAutoCoord=TrueAutoTrim=FalseCrashDetection=TrueCrashTolerance=1.000000CrashWithDyn=FalseGEffect=TrueGeneral=1.000000GyroDrift=FalseGyroEffect=1.000000ManualLights=TruePFactor=1.000000RealMixture=TrueStressDamage=FalseTorque=1.000000TrueAirspeed=FalseUnlimitedFuel=False[Weather]AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=1DisableTurbulence=1DownloadWindsAloft=1DynamicWeather=0MaxGustRampSpeed=200MaxGustTime=500MaxVarRampSpeed=75MaxVarTime=50MinGustRampSpeed=1MinGustTime=10MinVarRampSpeed=10MinVarTime=5THERMAL_VISUALS=1TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=mega_shok.gifWindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1[Misc]Com_Rate=7[Main]DisablePreload=1HideMenuFullscreen=1HideMenuNormal=0Location=440,130,1480,908,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=2SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\UT2 AircraftUser Objects=Airplane, HelicopterProcSpeed=13364PerfBucket=7FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33[Trusted]F:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe.nhoeoqhlntncztbeewrbeznowthqzqzrcruuuhik=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Frosty Software\Texture Max Load Editor\tml.exe.uwheourwaebeauzeeiautohuqntzkiqerebbwhiq=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.bweewrbebbnhbziqnkcqwrukanockkaeeeonunkk=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.otbrnqourkknbrqleqoitnrctckcqeecowqlaihz=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.qaabqeqbbiekukolioaibkkreerwuwnkkwclqche=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.tonokolhiznuwhkkqakzlkeqeocwkzlklceqiklk=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.enhqcthtbrrnohkonzrlcwicqhqknklrrqbokbwh=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.iurlbtuwihwheozruhhethulhnwbuokrubcealqn=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\JF757_FSX_SOUND.DLL.aqooqbeklieeilheqbhrbbhznohutlbrqiheoeza=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\JF757_FSX_TCAS.DLL.izrarzntkeautuhtrzaakcrlequrwhkbkrrnzbck=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.ekchqbhqizcwnhibakzkotlbtlktuwrzclwlkhqa=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.ouknwkawheqruerqerzqutqhceweuaolobleltbo=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL.zhhqeazhhwnbbwniutbiecqithuhebtztbatarei=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\XGauge.DLL.lcobwbkqkcoakotzkcawrhaiznaknuckoniklcoi=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.etibntbhhaeilcutzakuhkwqthunnulheknbqruq=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.uitqelwecqznetwobccrhwtcziqwnrbuizhnater=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\LVLD.dll.wtbnzqakcbzrorqnhbobozccuiatitrhwkhhlnnk=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.twcnuhuwukwzqolcbewtetilhlazeibbrolwbazh=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_B757-200_PW_W\panel\jf_b757.GAU.ewtuuetaqalzhhzhtonitctlwruqqhtnbllzkcil=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_B757-200_PW_W\panel\jf_boeing_fmc.GAU.lhwuelzhinhtoheboibqucqbhoweqinzenntqcae=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.wrlizzehhtzakkboutlhttoteobcukuqhiilccqu=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe.btnwauuarcckhbhluknqakbclkkwzboeherlawtl=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.iibawklnhznaackehnehizrzuokqezzhettuncbw=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.rqceblcooaicullrtolqwonuchiatautqihtukli=1F:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll.kkuuhcrnutwrrqihictbrhzrutoknzuhrkrbzzbe=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\GPSModule.dll.tzzqkaqqtwbtehehathuatnebehricwwbqketcuh=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASC.DLL.hqhonwnqekqunooniqaekeaihzrioklzqtnbrqii=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.hzhotrhkwbbewtaeqzkalouhbeozizhwzaiohner=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Flight One Software\Audio Environment\AEMODULE.dll.ioizzaezecohowrlcuzhrnuuuwtklruwuabontwc=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASC.DLL.hqhonwnqekqunooniqaekeaihzrioklzqtnbrqii=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X A320 CFM\panel\ASFADEC.DLL.hzhotrhkwbbewtaeqzkalouhbeozizhwzaiohner=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.qiceqbhrhnaaeirqtlbacntakktnichkecezwizq=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.niiowiarzbthntekaoekukouckitkkcrbuaotwck=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.iuwbkzeloaleihhqwrkribricblncewuenkccrek=2F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.bzhrlutttiaihoobziizlqkulooonuoernqibawz=1F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\BoeingGeneric.DLL.ootnuwtwqbouhqtekkcntzaolhtkuenqkcnrztqq=2[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1FuelPercentage=1,4GForce=1,3LockedFrameRate=1,2[uSERINTERFACE]Map_Orientation=2OpenATCOnCreate=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1PageID=1SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIMSelectAircraftManufacturer=AllSelectAircraftPublisher=AllSelectAircraftType=AllShowAllACPaintSchemes=1[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[Display]ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255BLOOM_EFFECTS=0ChangeTime=4.000000InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoOverspeedEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70TextureMaxLoad=30TransitionTime=4.000000UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30WideViewAspect=TrueRUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.2 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.2RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.2RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[slewTextInfo.3]AirSpeed=1,5Altitude=1,3FrameRate=2,1Heading=1,4Latitude=1,1LockedFrameRate=2,2Longitude=1,2[PANELS]DEFAULT_VIEW=0IMAGE_QUALITY=1PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_STRETCHING=1QUICKTIPS=0UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0[sTARTUP]DEMO=0LoadWindow=1SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=0[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[TERRAIN]AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4DETAIL_TEXTURE=1LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=23SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29WATER_EFFECTS=4[sCENERY]DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5LENSFLARE=1MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=3SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0[FlightPlanMap]LineWidth=2SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=0SHOW_AIRSPACE=1SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1show_waypoints=1show_airways=1show_markers=1show_volume_boundaries=1show_ac_twr=1[MAPVIEW_MAP]SHOW_AIRPORTS=1SHOW_VORS=1SHOW_NDBS=1SHOW_APPROACHES=1SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0SHOW_VICTOR=0SHOW_JET=1SHOW_AIRSPACE=0SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=0SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1SHOW_DATATAGS=1SHOW_TERRAIN=1show_flight_history=0EXE:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>exe.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>Couatl</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>Texture Max Load Editor</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>F:\Program Files (x86)\Frosty Software\Texture Max Load Editor\tml.exe</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>Texture Max Load Editor</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>F:\Program Files (x86)\Frosty Software\Texture Max Load Editor\tml.exe</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>Texture Max Load Editor</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>F:\Program Files (x86)\Frosty Software\Texture Max Load Editor\tml.exe</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Name>UT2</Name> <Path>F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path> <NewConsole>True</NewConsole> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>F:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path> </Launch.Addon> </SimBase.Document>DLL:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="WINDOWS-1252"?>-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>Addon Manager</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>VistaMare Core</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>GPS Module</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> -<Launch.Addon> <Name>FS Recorder</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>F:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> </SimBase.Document>I am not sure how to get the crash log, I found the logbook.bin, but the file is encrypted.Thanks!Giovanni Beltran

Guest jahman
I am not sure how to get the crash log
You need to go into Control Panel, System Maintenance. I don't recall the exact name of the option but its something similar to Program Errors" or so.Cheers,- jahman.

OK, thank you.[TrafficManager]AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3AirlineDensity=50FreewayDensity=6GADensity=4IFROnly=0LeisureBoatsDensity=10ShipsAndFerriesDensity=17That is quite bold for any system. Very high setting. Start by lowering (for testing) everything here to 0. Traffic is an extremely hungry beast in FSX.Then set:[bufferPools]Usepools=0(put /// in front of you poolsize line)Then post your FSUIPC version as requested in my previous post.Apart from that nothing fishy going on.What is the exact message popping up when OOM happens?You should do following:Run FSX in windowed, a whole flight, install Process Explorer and set it up to show Virtual Size in one column. Then monitor that while in flight.Make notes what your starting size is and how it proceeds. If it manages to crash, note the number and screenshot the error.I'm quite sure we can find out why it happens.If it was me, I would start with a clean fsx.cfg, set BP=0, HIGHMEMFIX and Affinitymask 14 tweaks and go from there. 4096 TML if you are using NGX too...

Guest firehawk44
If it was me, I would start with a clean fsx.cfg, set BP=0, HIGHMEMFIX and Affinitymask 14 tweaks and go from there. 4096 TML if you are using NGX too...
+1. Too many 'tweaks'. Tweaks do not work with every system. Rename or save your current config before deleting in case you want to return to it later.
There is no consistency in the advice from the "FSX gurus", some said that modifying the pagefile should help (I have it set to 3072-3072 as advised by NickN)
Return this setting to 'system managed size'. Best regards,Jim

Maybe restricting the amount of VRAM available to FSX with VideoMemoryOverride will help.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for all your good advice. I had some time for tests last night and Ii think I may have had some good progress. I did start with a new CFG file and added the few changes you all sugested. Also I was monitoring very close mu virtual memory as I was testing. When I load the fsx VAM is about 400-500, just with the trike in the screen. As soon as I select the NGX it goes up to 1.4-1.5. If I go to a default airport VAM remains stable at 2.3-2.5. Then I went to FSDT KJFK = grater hit for VAM, but still was able to get stable at 3.2-3.5. So far not OOM, until I hit KLAS. I placed my NGX in the active runway and watched the VAM. It started at 3.6 or so then it started going up (without doing anything!) and up out of control until it reached 4.060-4.070 and immediatly the OOM error appeared. So I kind of new that something was wrong with any of my LAS add-ons. I went to the scenery library and deactivated megascenery las vegas first and then re-tested. OOM still there with something just eating the virtual memory like crazy. Then I deactivated US cities las vegas and .......PROBLEM SOLVED! My VAM managed to be stable at 3.4-3.5 in FSDT KLAS. I went for a couple of touch and goes and out of the airport VAM was 2.7-2.8, when I was in the airport 3.3-3.5 consistently. No more OOM. It seams to me that there are some Add-ons that perhaps are not well designed and cause these "memory leaks" with the subsequent OOM errors. I will test some more my FSX with some long flights today and will report back. For completeness I have installed the most recent version of FSIUPC (4.8 or so) not fully activated.Thanks a lot for all your help!!!Giovanni Beltran

Hm, just disabling the addon-scenery around KLAS doesn't sound like a real solution to me. It just took a little load off the FSX engine, but could probably achieve the same effect by disabling KLAS, or using a different aircraft that is less resource hungry.Your memory usage is still very high at 3.3-3.5GB and you might see an OOM eventually if your VAS gets fragmented.For comparison, if I put the NGX at a default airport (say: WADW because I don't have any addon scenery there), my FSX takes about 1.6GB of memory (not VAS) as opposed to your 2.3-2.5 . So I'd suggest that you play a little more with your settings to get that memory usage down.

Nah, that sounds quite sound to me.Too much scenery and especially a scenery that is known to eat both FPS and memory (USCities in general).3.5 is what I'm usually having at the end of my NGX flights, but note this: LOD 6.5, 2048 clouds, 4096 TML in FSX.cfg, meaning NGX to its fullest potential.Megascenery is also going to EAT VAS away if you put the LOD up as I do, and even if you don't.I think you are better off without USCities, and glad to know it's finally working.

Hi all,i have just been through all the possibilities for an out of memory issue,maybe my solution is not the only option,but i never found in all my researching for the last 2 days on the forums that an unseated graphics card can give you all the symptoms that different people have mentioned ,under normal load as in any desktop working i did not see any faults,it was not until i loaded up fsx with all my addons maxed out and about 20mins into a flight did i get the dreaded Exclamation windows sound this sound would be on until eventually i would receive the usual dreaded message "fsx has had enough and is going away until you sort me out"or words to that effect,so please everyone check your graphics card and make sure its seated correctly and all connections are made.thanks Colin