Sign in to follow this  
prdant

FMC and Gates

Entering a gate into the FMC is not important but it does add to the experience. I don't believe that I have ever had one load. Always says not in our database. Any way around this, a cfg or something. My nav data is up to date but that shouldn't have anything to do with gate data.Thanks

Phill Dant

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Phill,I normally get the same response from the FMC too. I do recall once that it actually recognised the gate I entered but for the life of me I can't remember the airport, although I do think it was a major airport (in the UK). I would imagine that the data base is just not big enough to store all the gates of all the airports.I use Navigraph by the way.

Edited by bussgarfield

Don't know how limited the data is, I use it at many airports, it always worked so far (for example Trondheim - ENVA, where I flew out of yesterday, which is not very big). Does that function even depend on the nav-database? I'd imagine it could be pulled from the AFCAD as well...

Basic idea is this: Navigraph is piggybacking off someone else that is paying big bucks to actually have the data created for them, by buying them for personal entertainment use and re-coding for individual add-ons. The data supplier would be willing to sell them the data for a small side income mainly because they already compiled them, and they would not have any liability issues with Navigraph anyway.But they have no reason to anything more over what their main customers pay for, for the small pocket money they get from Navigraph. So if say SAS asks Navtech (who I reckon Navigraph buys data from) to make them gate allocations for Trondheim, they will, and since they allready have them, they will supply to Navigraph. But having them made for all airports in database would be far more than Navigraph can afford.

Thanks, I too use navbigraph. I will keep experimenting and maybe I will find an active gate.

Phill Dant

Why not have the FMC just insert your current GPS position for whatever gate number you type in?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

It would be simple to add the entries for some select gates if you wanted to. Go to the bottom of a certain airport's file (FSXPMDGSidstarsfile) and add :"GATES<entry>ENDGATES"to the bottom of your file if it isn't there already. Start off each gate with "GATE" and its name "B10." Then give it a set of coordinates. So for example this is a snippet of my CYYZ file:GATESGATE 0 N 43 40.63668 W 79 37.83834GATE B10 N 43 41.1 W 79 37.5ENDGATESBe sure to save your changes elsewhere in a backup as your next Navigraph download will overwrite everything.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Due to limitations of the AFCAD file in FS it may not possible to name a gate as per real world.If you can find the parking chart for the airport in question then you can cross check it with the Navigraph data in the SIDSTARS file.Selecting gate 72R at EGSS within FS. The FMC will not take 72R, after checking charts and Navigraph I found that the gate is actually gate D72R.

For many airports, the GATE info is not added into the airport file from Navigraph. I had to add IAD's manually a while back by looking at my printed Jepp gate chart. Some are, some aren't, but in today's day and age, money is made with data and if you want the extra data you're going to pay for it.

Kyle Rodgers

For many airports, the GATE info is not added into the airport file from Navigraph. I had to add IAD's manually a while back by looking at my printed Jepp gate chart. Some are, some aren't, but in today's day and age, money is made with data and if you want the extra data you're going to pay for it.
Roger that... like I said nice to have but not critcal. I will use FSD to assign me gates on the ground after landing. At departure I already know the gate.

Phill Dant

Hi all,In reality, the gates are not added to the database. I work for french company using 737-800 at CDG (LFPG) and I try many times to enter the Gate and I have the message "not in database".So I don't think Navigraph will add this anymore.Regards ;-)

RW, we just grab the GPS coords. In some countries, the coords are printed on the gate signage for crosscheck.

Matt Cee

Years ago, I flew a LOT with FS9. I had a PMDG 737, a PSS 757 and so on.

I seem to remember that I never did have to tell either the controllers or AES what gate I was going to head for when I landed; they seemed to just know.

I'd pull off the runway and the controller would tell me to proceed to such an such a gate and when I got over the runway or runways in between where I was and the taxiways, there was a li'l ol' AES truck waiting to take me to that gate.

Am I just hallucinating and if not, is it possible to do that with FSX....somehow?