Sign in to follow this  
Straypuft

Seems like MS wants to force us into DLC

There could be little chance of seeing airliners released this year for Flight, but this also raises another question, could this mean the end of flying aircraft for our favorite airlines? Could the DLC system be clamped down as to not let us repaint aircraft into our favorite liveries?Even if they do give us airliners, we might only see ones currently in production, so this could mean no classic airliners
Yeah, I think that its pretty clear that most of airliner community will stay with FSX and look forward to X plane 10. Flight does not seem to have future as serious airliner simulation. Its not only about DLC stuff, but also lack of coverage. Lots of people want to actually fly real routes with their favorite airlines.
Very well put mad dog !The more that us serious simmers support Flight, the more serious Flight might become.It's a 2 way street !!
And how you are going to support it if there is no serious DLC planes available? If dumped down ones sell very well they will just continue making them.
If anyone who has the beta looks around the terminal at hilo and also takes the time to look at the few internals of Flight Beta there is evidence in there that biger aircraft are in the way . Why put a gate on the terminal if you are only going to work on GA???????? that itself answers alot of questions .
Yes, Flight team even said on flyawaysimulations article that they are planning to make jets too. However those jets might be just same quality that FSX default ones are, or even more simplified to apply for mainstream audience.I will be extremely surprised if we ever see any airliner addon for Flight with FMC that works even close like real one. Edited by FScamp

Flight does not seem to have future as serious airliner simulation. Its not only about DLC stuff, but also lack of coverage. Lots of people want to actually fly real routes with their favorite airlines.
Flight will lack coverage on day one, but the coverage will grow as new scenery is released.
And how you are going to support it if there is no serious DLC planes available? If dumped down ones sell very well they will just continue making them.
Excuse me, the RV-6A and that Maule M-7-260C are "serious planes."
Yes, Flight team even said on flyawaysimulations article that they are planning to make jets too. However those jets might be just same quality that FSX default ones are, or even more simplified to apply for mainstream audience.
If the DLC jets are the same quality as the RV and Maule, I think most users will be very happy.
I will be extremely surprised if we ever see any airliner addon for Flight with FMC that works even close like real one.
And I keep saying that Flight is going to surprise a lot of people . . . Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.