Sign in to follow this  
EagleSkinner

Petulance and tantrums

...No, Flight wont have freeware community at all. Maybe you can add new textures to planes, thats about it unless MS changes their direction. (not an impossibility - although by creating all this "heat", the flight sim community may well be giving MS just the excuse they need to shut everyone out)Its freedom of speech, we have right to criticize any product as long as its done politely, and of course not flooding every thread with it (just like every thread should not be flooded with positive speculation either). Just learn to tolerate it, of course personal attackers are different thing and should be punished. (You can only criticise what you know about - and most of the Flight! critics don't know or are breaking a legally binding agreement - and that is NOT freedom of speech)

Yes, I know Flight! has set all our emotions at boiling. It was bad when FSX came out, although nowhere near as vociferous then. Let's all wait another two weks - and THEN we can rip MS to shreds (or not) ;)

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Yes, I know Flight! has set all our emotions at boiling. It was bad when FSX came out, although nowhere near as vociferous then. Let's all wait another two weks - and THEN we can rip MS to shreds (or not) ;)
Yeah, then also non beta testers like me will see what Flight is really. Though I am going to miss part of it as I am travelling to Cuba for 2 weeks in the end of coming week.

+1

I was just going to reply to a post in a separate thread, but the more I look through this forum, the more I am saddened by our own community, so I shall start a new thread and open myself to personal commentary from my peers...
Good and timely post Chris.A good and optimistic starting point is as you say:
No one who has invested thousands of dollars in FSX has actually lost anything,
Everyone who is happy about Flight certainly has a right to be, but you do not have the right to be arrogant and condescending to those who have issues with it.
Not arrogant and condescending - just listen to what Microsoft says and using common sense.Microsoft said: -"Microsoft Game Studios is always evaluating its business model to determine what is best for both gamers and the company. We are running a service now, not just shipping a piece of software."And this new business model (not just shipping a piece of software) is obviously good news.Many of - "those who have issues with it" - says: - "My hardware stuff will ever work."Why this negative attitude? Is it good for Microsoft' business if - "my hardware stuff will ever work"? Of course not (will lose customers = $).Microsoft therefore confirms: - "There are lots of other more specialized hardware options. We think we've done a good job to support a bunch of them. We'll add support over time if it's necessary, whether that's your pedals or more sophisticated flight sticks or throttles...USB devices. Even if the system doesn't know your device right off the bat, you can use our control mapping scheme to connect your device to the game and keep it going."The downside is that we may not need FSUIPC (or Pete Dawson, 3PD, etc. ).Many of - "those who have issues with it" - says: -"They will never create an airliner."Why this negative attitude? Is it good for Microsoft' business if - "they will never create an airliner"? Of course not (will lose customers = $).Microsoft therefore confirms: - "It is definitely something on the teams list for the future."Many of - "those who have issues with it" - says: -"There will be no whole Earth."Why this negative attitude? Is it good for Microsoft' business if - "there will be no whole Earth"? Of course not (will lose customers = $).Microsoft therefore confirms: - "The base is still a globe, it's just that there is not enough geography yet."Many of - "those who have issues with it" - says: - "will run on one monitor only". Why this negative attitude? Is it good for Microsoft' business if - "Flight will run on one monitor only? Of course not (will lose customers = $).Microsoft therefore confirms: - "Long-time flyers will only be missing the option to use multiple monitors, at least when the game releases. That is change in the future."Many of - "those who have issues with it" - says: - "Flight is just Hawaii with a couple of planes where one collects coins for points."Why this negative attitude? Is it good for Microsoft' business if - "Flight is just Hawaii"? Of course not (will lose customers = $).Etc..........

A good business transaction is when both the buyer and seller walks away from the deal dissapointed, yet satisfied. So lets hope customers will be as happy with the product as Microsoft.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.